64. The call of truth

SUGA'S POV

When she mentioned alone time, I was thinking she would take me to a coffee shop or a spa even. But it never really crossed my mind that she would bring me to a place like this.

"You're taking me to a school??"

"Yup."

"To have some 'alone' time," I said sarcastically.

"Just wait and see."

She clasped her hand on my arm and pulled me towards one of the opened gates. The feel of her touch was sparking lightning bolts to my stomach and I like it. I don't really mind sitting in the library for hours just to get even closer.

We entered the school premises and she let go of me when we reached the hallways.

Why let go so soon?? I pouted to myself.

The corridors were empty at this time. Students were still probably stuck in their classrooms trying to fake how interested they were when all they wanna do was sneak out and get a bottle of beer.

That's exactly how I was back in the days. I'm not smart nor studious. I just don't see the point why you have to spend all those years pinned to a seat when it would all depend on your own initiatives on how to make a living.

"You seemed deep in thought."

I didn't notice I was drifting away for a bit.

"It's been a while since I've been in a school......... 15 years actually."

She furrowed her eyebrows probably trying to do the math when it hit her.

"Oh.." a concerned look on her face.

"Yeah. Never went to college."

I flashed a straight smile. I don't know why but I suddenly felt a wave of sadness come upon me. I could still feel her eyes on me. I know I could take advantage of this moment if I want her to put her arms around me while I self-pitied. But I'm not that kind of guy; not towards her at least.

"I've no regrets, don't worry. School's just not my thing."

"Agree. You were born for something bigger and that's being the star that you are right now." She smiled sweetly.

And there goes my heart.

Damn it.

___________________________________________

"And this is me."

She stopped in the middle of a mini-park filled with pine trees. She was standing underneath the biggest of them all; its roots already sprouting from the ground. It reminded me of Nami island somehow, only that we had more colorful trees back there especially during the fall.

"So this is your spot." I sat beside her. She was already sitting comfortably in between two aged roots.

"People usually don't go around here; they find it boring. I find it rather peaceful. I get to think whenever I'm here."

"Think about what?"

"Anything. A lot of things. "

"Do you come here with your boyfriend often?"

She looked surprised. I just smiled.

"I know."

"How much do you know?" She asked suspiciously.