Chapter 2: Pretty

"If you are wondering how you got here, you passed out on your recent class, and Jihyuk had to carry you here." Euna passes a glass of water towards the frail youngster in front of her.

Most of the female university students are brought here in the same incident of passing out during classes. But in his case, Jin was more active among the list of records from all the students she had.

It's rare to have students pass out, but he was an exception.

The number of days of him staying conscious throughout a day was countable than the days of him passing out or dozing off due to exhaustion.

Even without checking the charts, she knew his state right now was worse than the last few months. But even so, God, she is tempted to pinch and squeeze his cheeks right this moment.

If it weren't for the fact that the boy had a rough start of the day, she would have teased him nonstop by now.

"Jin, you do realize you have a bad habit of making the people around you worry," said Euna as she held back her urge to smack him in his shoulder.

He's such a nuisance, but how could she resist not giving in to his charm? If people die due to stress, he just might be the end of her.

'Euna Do, be professional, get a grip of yourself!' she scolds her foolish self inside her head.

A patient is a patient, after all.

You mean a patient disguised under an angelic presence, even the heavens cannot withstand?

His healthy and even straight black hair was like fine unscathed threads as they swayed with the gentle breeze from the window in the distance. His thin bangs, just right above his perfectly carved eyelids complement his soft eyes.

She had never seen anyone with such pretty lashes, his were effortless with a natural arch, they were incomparable to hers where she had to spend minutes of her time grooming by getting lash lift and tint sessions by sessions.

What is this sorcery? How can a boy be prettier than her, who's a woman?

His upright button nose and wide round eyes matched his small face and jawline.

His mother must have been obsessed with white tulips during her pregnancy that when the moment he came out, his translucent pale white skin was finer than its soft texture, even smoother than the jades...and his heart shape lips--

Eeekk!

Euna bit her lips, crying internally of envy mixed with admiration. Who gets mad at his type of face?

The pretty faces!

And she sucks getting mad at these types of faces.

She felt as if God was punishing her all these years, she loath men, and thus her hatred was the cause of her single status at age thirty.

She could feel the clouds above her head mourning and pouring their grievance down to her.

She just wants a cruel tyrant who has a soft side when it comes to her, affectionate, obsessive, tall, well-built, and rich—

"Ms. Euna," Jin interrupts her fantasies.

What is she thinking?

"Yes?" Euna pinches herself in the thighs. This is why you're single!

She's not getting younger at all. Instead of finding herself a decent husband, she had been taking care of this boy and pouring her heart out by treating him well.

Is her mother instinct kicking in because she's already at age?

"Did Jihyuk perhaps say anything before he left?" Jin rubs his eyes. Itchy.