Chapter 14

Hiro's veins pulsed in his temple. His keen eyes landed at the glass of water wrapped around Jin's fingers as he saw he barely drank from it. He clasps his hands together in front of his crotch. He rubs his thumb against his other as he submerges himself into the catastrophe happening inside his chest. He found himself bothered to extent by the sight of it.

His phone suddenly vibrates inside his pocket, causing his jaw to clench drastically, and for the first time, Hiro felt his ill-temper rising, heavily offended by the disturbance. What sane person would dare to call him at this hour of the day?

He sets it aside, letting it slip from his head and turning a blind eye like it was unnecessary. He does not care whether it was an emergency call from the base. That gray head man can wait.

Beneath the deserted night sky, the radiance in his eyes was incomparable to any other. His dark globes glowed with warmth as he felt a very light feeling lingering within him. The feeling was similar to a man who touched heat for the first time after being trapped in his cold and dark cage and instead of being wary of its unfamiliarity, he was savoring it bit by bit.

Despite knowing his nature, he wanted more of that heat. Being touched by it was not enough to satisfy his curiosity. What would it feel like if he were to feel it with his own two hands?

"Were you forced to come to the dinner?"

Hiro's question pulled Jin back from living in his own world. He can't help but gulp after hearing his voice. It made him feel weird in a lot of ways. He felt getting caressed in different areas by just hearing his deep voice vibrating in his ears. It sounded so distant and cold, yet so near, near enough to scorch him.

Jin shakes his head. He does not want to utter a word and he can only hide his embarrassed face with his untrimmed bangs. Making his face look smaller in Hiro's perspective and flaunting off a dangerous aura to the man whose flames were already ignited and almost rising past its limit.

Firstly, it was his curiosity that had pushed him to come. Jin thought they'll be dining with his mother's lover alone, but it turns out Mr. Harashi had brought his family with him. Just thinking of throwing himself and his mother into the predator's den and living the rest of their lives trying to perfect an image of a happy family suffocates him.

Kai Hiroshima shoves his hands on the pockets of his trousers. So it wasn't a psychological reaction? "We're clear on that part." Now that he knows this little man wasn't dragged here against his will, what caused him to have an upset stomach to the point of passing out?

Jin scratches the skin of his finger when it suddenly itches. Honestly, he feels a little better, but can't this person see that?

Now that he thinks about it. He does not want to get himself involved with this man further. He gives off an intimidating vibe he, himself, is not used to tolerating. Jin wants to get back to his mother, plus staying in this room with the man alone only frightens him.

Hiro cleared his throat as he looked over the person seated in front of him, who looked like he's about to cry at any moment. Is he that unpleasant to look at?

Why won't he look at him once? And since when did he ever give a damned about not being seen? That alone caused affliction to his head. What more surprises would be there to awaken him?

"I'll fetch you a doctor," said Hiro in utmost defeat. He grips his phone inside one of the pockets of his trousers and pulls it out.

He was supposed to walk away to make a quick phone call, but the quiet little man on his seat suddenly jumped out of the couch and lost balance. His senses were swift enough to pick up and move to catch him again with his arm and as Hiro's strong arm wrapped around Jin's tiny waist. His heart pounded nervously inside his seemingly infected chest together with the heavy feeling of not wanting to let this little man out of his sight.

How can such clumsy and careless person manage to stay alive? Hiro sighs again inside his head. Well, it can't be helped.

Jin lifts his head, his hands clutching against the man's arm, "D-Don't..." Can't he see that he had already gained his consciousness?

"No doctors...p-please."

Hiro swallowed hard and shifted his eyes anywhere but Jin's face. He groans at the sense of déjà vu. With or without this person's permission, he's not supposed to bat an eye towards his opinions. The usual him would leave once he's done with the phone call.

At first, he thought attending such dinner was unnecessary and a waste of his time, but every time he lays his eyes on him, bit by bit, his control disperses as if he released his grip from something he's been holding on. Every touch he shared with him felt natural.

He was getting too comfortable and ahead of himself.

A person like him wouldn't have expected that to come at him easily as if it was already there in the first place, "You looked like you were in a lot of pain when you came in." he can't bring himself to lie. There's a part of him that was alarmed by this person's pale complexion.

"I'm perfectly well and better now...," Jin pauses, "...sir." It only hits him now that he doesn't know the man's name, not that he's interested to know either. It's just weird for him to be this unalarmed around someone he does not know. Maybe because he already knew what luxury this man is living, kidnapping a broke person like him would do him no good.

All he can offer is the mint candy in the pocket of his coat.

Hiro moves his arm, lifting him a few inches from the ground. He then leans, picks up the knocked-off empty glass on the floor, and places it on the nearest table whilst carrying Jin in his arm like a weightless jacket. Hiro wipes off the spilled water on the couch before he carefully places him back down, a little farther from the area where he was seated a while ago.

Jin just stared at the man. He wasn't bothered that he was being carried around rather he was amused seeing the man's furrowed brows towards the wet part of the couch that he had accidentally spilled the water as the glass slipped from his hands when he jumps to stop him.

The man looked serious and so focused on what he's doing. It amazes him how caring this person can be despite his misleading look and appearance.

"Hiro..." The word escapes his lips naturally, causing Hiro to freeze from what he's doing.

When Hiro moved his head to look at the person beside him, he caught him staring at his wrist, where his customized watch resides. Hiro closed his eyes and clenched his teeth. That almost caught him off guard.

"Yes?" yet his thoughts were free from any dispute. He likes what he's hearing.