Chapter 7: Heart to Heart Talk (Part 3)

Jin opens his mouth wide, seals his lips, and chews the bulgogi inside his mouth in peace. The excess sauce made his lips moist as its tender texture made his heart smile in glee. He took his time to savor its rich flavor as the fine beef melted in his mouth.

He ate merrily without getting interrupted, his thoughts and eyes focused on his plate alone. No words escaped his lips until he finished the meal with one last gulp. Slowly, he later then lowers his hand to the table and drops his chopsticks on his now empty plate before drinking his lemon water.

He felt stuffed whilst his hand draped over his lower abdomen. He heard the slight growl from his stomach like it was thanking him for feeding it after hours of continuous neglect.

Eating his meals kept gradually slipping out his head often nowadays. However, the delicious meal consoled his heavy heart, erased the lifeless glint in his eyes, and lifted his mood.

His mother was at the counter table with him whilst sitting across from his seat. She was busy with the paperwork she brought home from the office. With her eyes glued to the large screen of the tablet that's facing her, supported with a metal stand beside her tea, she would check on him from time to time while continuously doing her work.

"Mom," Jin calls. He has plenty of questions to ask her. Likewise, she promised him they would talk it out.

He would not want to wait until tomorrow comes like usual.

Asami's fingers halt from tapping on the screen on her tab. "Hmm?" she hums, pressing the button 'sent' on the upper left corner of the displayed screen before she tidies her stuff on the counter. She'll get back on this later.

"You're not in a fight with the Yens are you?"

She lifts her chin and looks back at her curious child. His eyebrows were perfectly furrowed.

He looked like an angry version of Mochi. How adorable.

While having wholesome thoughts, she shook her head, turned her tablet off, and gave the angry mitten in front of her a small smile.

"No, sweetheart. The Yens and I are good." More than you could imagine. "I'm sorry if we couldn't dine with them."

Well, she's glad it was agreed from both sides that the dinner date with the Yens will be moved tomorrow.

Upon reading the situation, Asami thought it's best to tell him now than never.

But she should start slow.

She leans in, her elbows pressed onto the table as her hand reaches out to his.

"Jin, what do you think of your father?"

Her other arm went up to her opposite shoulder, her fingers touching and rubbing the skin under her collarbone beneath her beige semi-duster dress, causing her sleeves to move slightly.

She was a little anxious about his reply. Somehow, she felt his response to her hadn't changed throughout the years.

Jin's pupils twitch. He looks down at his dainty fingers on the table. His birth father?

Are they having this conversation again?

Jin swiftly pulls his arms away from the table and places his hands on his lap. He smiles at his mother, yet he's clenching his fist tightly on top of his tensed thighs.

He kept his rising anger invisible within his mother's sight.

"I don't have much to say about him."

'An irresponsible asshole.'

He wishes to say that out loud to her, but he refrains from doing so. No matter how rational and understandable is his anger was towards his father, he does not want to hurt her.