Chapter 76

Jin was taken by surprise. His startled amethyst pupils continue to quiver and his powerless fingers trembled immensely as his pale fingertips turned numb and cold for a second.

He unconsciously lifts his hands and cups Hiro's damp face, his thumb smoothly wiping and brushing off the warm liquid continuously falling from his pained crestfallen eyes.

"Which hand was it?" The man mumbled against his palm, his voice slightly shaking as he pleads, "Tell me." Tell me, which hand did that bastard dare to touch?

Hiro seized his elbows as his eyes dropped to examine his arms for any scratch that can be seen despite Jin's hands that were still intact and cupping his face.

When his sight detected the dark marks around his left wrist that had already turned purplish red, he stared at it silently as if it was a crisis that weighted his heart down enough for him to turn his back against the world as his unbelievable tears persisted to cascade down from his eyes.

Hiro . . .

Jin squeezed the man's cheeks together and placed a bit of strength to force his head up to meet his determined and worried amethyst eyes, "I'm alright. It'll eventually fade away." Really, it will.

His heart hurts at the sight of him.

He drew little circles on his cheek with his thumb as he can never be more frank and honest. Although he feels strangely happy inside to witness him worry, he doesn't want it to come to this extent.

His tears . . . He wants to see none of them as they were precious. Seriously, this moody cougar is too good for him and he wants him to know that he doesn't have to trouble himself like this.

As a matter of fact, this much bruise doesn't surprise him anymore. He experienced far more worse than this when he stubbornly participated in their dodge ball activity at school. It was only one time and he had to plead the people who got involved to never mention a single word to his mother.

He rubs the tip of his thumb against his wet lashes, and Hiro shut his eyes close in response as he leaned and bent to his touch.

Jin glanced at him with warmth and dared not question what drives him to weep over this much as taking and talking from his experience, it would only make him feel worse whenever someone asks him about it.

Hiro's grip on his elbows slips and tightly wraps around his waist, taking its possessive and rightful claim on him which Jin has consistently thought about his desperate touch when no one in his life would even dare to hold him with such intimacy and gentleness apart from him.

Hiro tips and leans his face more to the cold palms lovingly cupping his cheeks as his lips casually graze against Jin's slim fingers, showering light and careful kisses to his hand that is linked to his injured wrist.

Jin beamed and smiled at the sight of him. He swept the man's hair back and gently drew his face closer to him. Giving enough thought to his sincere and adorable wholesomeness, he place one swift and quiet kiss on his forehead, and naturally, he felt the man before him freeze, stunned by the action he personally initiated.

"I never knew you were such a crybaby," whispered Jin, and he never thought that seeing him cry in the situation instead of him could be any more adorable.

"I never cry," Hiro purred, gone the downhearted expression on his face.

He wasn't accustomed to acknowledge any weaknesses since he was young, let alone tears that only show where his grief and shortcomings are from.

It was a strict rule in his lineage. Vulnerability leads to nothing but an opening for his enemies to target, a way to cast and start his downfall, but he needed not to worry about such a thing as it always appeals to him how could one express great grief over temporary circumstances? His strained young self was oblivious of the reason why would one be able to agonize over insignificant things when death has already been decided for them ahead?