Chapter 57.1 (Part 1)

Scarcely opening the door of his room, Jin tries to get a clear vision of the living room as he peeks from inside with one eye and cautiously surveys every corner that his sight was able to reach from left to right.

His breath turns heavy, mildly shivering as he continues to study and monitor the befallen silence that plunged inside their apartment after he hears the entrance door shut.

Hiro . . .

He must have left by now.

Gulping hesitatingly, the young fellow opens the door of his room wide and slowly takes a step out. He was soon greeted by his mother who just left the foyer and seems to be heading straight towards the kitchen if she didn't see him coming out.

"I'm sorry, dear. Hiro says he has to leave tonight's dinner to us."

His mother approaches him. Her warm and loving arms embraces him and all Jin could do was to blink innocently and kept his mouth shut about the matter. However, he bites his lower lip in relief. He thought he was going to be the one explaining to her about Hiro's departure and it makes him queasy after overthinking what reaction would she make at the moment she'll hear about it.

Too bad, his mother seems to be looking forward to eating together with Hiro.

"I see . . ." But Jin couldn't fake the melancholy in his voice. He, too, was looking forward to it.

Their separation has truly left a sudden and odd change in him even if he only did spend a few hours with him and yet to his surprise he didn't truly know that he had grown this closely attached to him.

The truth is, he probably knew earlier than his mother that Hiro couldn't make it to dinner because he said so and he was in his room before he decided to leave.

Jin glances up and stares at the ceiling, causing a few from his healthy strands of hair to fall back. And he watches himself slowly sinking deeper, drowning and yearning like he was trapped inside a box with no way out and was dropped off to the depths of the cold ocean.

His chest tightens and this time the pain felt different and unfamiliar.

He looks around and it's unavoidably a bit depressing even though he knew the man would eventually leave for his flight.

He succumbs himself to the fresh memory of him. His head clouded with all the smiley faces he burned of Hiro's shy, mischievous, and warm smiles.

He had learned to like them all, even his cold and formal ones.

To be fully attracted to such beautiful flame was not hard, because the moth itself is truly blinded and bewitched by its unique warmth.

Yes . . . He admits it.

Hiro's bewitched him, wholly and profoundly deep.

He had fallen by the hole harder than he thought he would, but it doesn't hurt nor the darkness was discomforting.

Because it didn't feel as lonely as he imagined.

He had two warm arms around him, protecting and holding him closely.

They were indeed alone . . . but alone together.

And he couldn't imagine how those beautiful lips of his can move so passionately against his . . .

"Sweetheart?" Asami place her hand worriedly on her child's forehead as her other was placed flatly on her anxious chest, extremely worried. "Are you feeling sick?"

Why is his face so red?

"A-Ani," (N-No) said Jin, his eyes half-closed and in a daze. He slowly wrap his arms around his mother's body and lean his cheek against her shoulder hiding the redness of his face and the small smile on his lips, "I'm just a little overwhelmed . . . and hungry."