Chapter 22

Asami grabbed her clip by the counter and tied her hair up. Aigoo, don't let her think about what disaster that brat had done twice, "He's reflecting on what he has done inside my room."

Mochi's been sulking in her room since yesterday evening. He even refuses to eat his dinner no matter how much she insists him to at least take a bite.

Speaking of the devil, the tiny creature they were just talking about came into the kitchen, looking all gloomy and depressed. The frown on his lips was visible, but the oddest thing was not hearing a sound from him early in the morning. She picks him up, checking him from side to side. Perhaps he's sick?

"Jin, take Mochi to the vet later," with her packed schedule, she won't be home until seven.

Jin nods his head back at his mother, but it looks like Mochi opposes the idea upon hearing him bark and struggle from his mother's grip before dashing towards his room, tripping on his own four paws once along the way. That poor little fellow. He had intentionally shut the door and ignored him throughout the night as a consequence of what he's done.

Frankly speaking, Jin thinks it's time to start educating him. He wants him to know that he went overboard yesterday. He can no longer spoil that little monster of his any longer. He sighs alongside his mother as he stares down at his food that's barely touched.

"Yuk, I wasn't sleepwalking, was I?" It was strange, he remembers sleeping on the floor so why was he on his bed?

Jihyuk places a glass of water beside his plate before responding, his pupils staring down at him, "You didn't, I carried you to bed."

"Then where did you sleep yesterday?" Jin lifts his head and looks at him.

"The floor," he simply replied.

Jin blinks numerous times before he scratches his nape in distress. He's their guest, yet how could he let him sleep on the floor? If his mother were to find out about this, he'd surely get a whack from her, "You didn't have to place a pity on me."

He swore, sleeping on the floor or his bed doesn't feel much of a difference. The thick rolling foam was a big help.

"I told you I was fine sleeping on the floor," Jihyuk argued. They all knew he's a man who won't stand down from an argument.

"I thought you both slept on the same bed."

Asami hates to interrupt, but she was curious as to why they were arguing about their sleeping arrangements, "Aigoo, you're both grown-ups already. Why don't you sleep on one bed?" What's the use of the huge bed she bought him? She still remembers the golden days where Jihyuk stays over a lot for a night during their middle school days. Ah, the good old days.

"You both even bathed together when you were young. What part have you not seen from each other?" What's the fuss? What is there to be all shy about?

Hearing her response, Jihyuk chokes on his lemon water. He coughs hard and Jin was there to pat his back, "Eomma!" The difference was that they both matured throughout the years and Jihyuk probably thought the same thing.

Asami laughs out loud after seeing how red Jihyuk's face had gotten as expected. Aigoo, they're adorable as always.

Seeing her sly smile, Jin knew she just loves teasing them.

_________

In the large open field, surrounded by the mysterious forest and the built-like staircase benches, two figures were continuously sparring on the center of the spacious field that's wider than two Asian malls combined.

The two opponents wield and point their swords against each other. On the left was a thirty-year-old man, a back-to-back reigning fencing champion in France during his rookie days, but had long retired and decided to enlist himself as a trainer for those high-class families willing to learn fencing from him. Five long years turning six, he had pledged his loyalty over the man whose name shouldn't be mentioned and trained his whole colony with morality and dignity.

The confident and stern look on his face long ago was now replaced by fright, worry, and devastation.

Instead of praising the young man he trained in less than a year for his remarkable strength, he worried over what the papers would say about the cause of his death, a death of a legend that everyone once recognized. He was left no time to advance and attack. The dark abyss before him and the cold eyes that pierced right through him, he had long realized that at this battlefield, the young man before him no longer sees him as his trainer but as an opponent whom he's been toying for straight hours like a mouse in a tiger's den.

The rumor wasn't really a bluff. Now he was convinced in front of him was no human in all aspects. The rage, bloodlust, and fury inside the young man's cold eyes alone were enough to petrify him from moving on his place. His eyes were cold, like the night that has already passed in a blink of an eye. His reflexes, agility, and motion were sharp and swift as if he had a full grasp over gravity and time.

He can see right through his weak spots like he already knew his every movement, which no one had ever succeeded to imitate or counter.

He could only hope an angel would come down from heaven and take mercy on them. This young man is beyond dangerous.

On the first row, in the left side of the now seemingly close image to a graveyard, there sat a man who's as old and gold as time, spectating on the truly entertaining spar he had seen again in his old age. The rest of his men were occupying the seats behind him, filling in all the seats in the benches surrounding the field, but instead of hearing a cheering crowd, the whole place was dead quiet. They can hear the rough gush of wind from the forest as they can only grovel on their own heads whilst watching.

"He's distracted." The old man muttered, preferring to his beloved grandson in the screen of the tab he's holding. Everyone knew out of all the grandchildren of the great Old Yama king, he took a liking to this youngest one.

The person who stood beside his seat, in his sharp suit, sleek glasses, and straightened hair, the man had carried a few documents in his arms, his eyes were anxious, and never once left the center of the field. He could not respond back to his master's statement as well as the crowd who heard his voice. Distracted?

"Ah, this child. What might have happened that upsets him?" The old man turn his head to look at his secretary whose face was as pale as a person in the morgue, "Tell me young Dong Yu, what are the reports regarding his whereabouts before this young lad came here?"

Dong Yu gulped, it was the same question that's been bothering him lately. The men they sent have all refused to give much of the information they needed, "Forgive me Ju-in (master), I refuse to answer as I have failed to confirm the problem."

One thing they can confirm. People from the young master's line of sight right now are at his mercy.

Even from the distance, he can feel the bone-chilling threat surrounding the whole field, trapping the rest of the spectators in their seats, as everyone continued watching the brutal slaughtery towards some of their unfortunate comrades with fears inside their heads.

They were all lost in words at what kind of devil the Old Yama King has been hiding from the rest of the officials.

The spar had started yesterday evening. They can still picture how resilient the night was before everything changed after one dark entity entered the base.

Starting from twilight, two hundred men were chosen with equally advanced skills than the military, but as the sky had turned bluish and as the stars started hiding in their places, there were only fifty untouched souls left lined up in the corner, praying to every god they knew to give them enough luck to survive.

They had never prayed intensely in their whole lives until now.

Their life was truly on the line.