Chapter 65

The Day of the Examination.

With a steady breath, Jin gently lowers his permanent marker down his desk. His heart hammers inside his chest, feeling uneasy as he feels the subtle sting on the sides of his knuckles from applying too much strain on his grip to his now rested marker.

Their sub professor unexpectedly hits the tip of the ruler on his hand against the board on the wall, and it left an unnerving ring in everyone's ears that causes everybody in the class to flinch from their seats, their hearts stopping midway. A few seconds later, the school bell follows, chiming in and causing the rest of the students to gasp. Some even whined in distress.

Jin finished his answer sheet just on time, but he knew everyone else can't be helped. The exams were harder than expected . . . well, not that it always hasn't been.

It's just depressing to know how much he had poured his heart into reviewing last night as well as this morning before classes started, yet here were still inevitable questions far from what he almost ragged his eyes out the entire week.

Ugh, why do they have to constantly include questions from lessons that were not even discussed? Is this somewhat a trend in the educational faculties?

He gave his answers and responses one last look on his desk. He then helplessly shrugged his shoulders before he passes his paper to the person on his front. Everyone else turned their papers in as well.

Screw the finals.

A trimmed and hesitant grin slowly crept from his lips as he glanced far behind him, eyeing Jihyuk far in the back, who had worn the calm expression out of everyone in the class over his passive face.

Looks like Mr. Smart Ass rocks the exams again.

He wouldn't be surprised at all.

Jihyuk was moved to the last row since he was the tallest person in the class. Having his towering shadow beside him and covering their classmate who was seated on his back from the professor's piercing eyesight, their strict sub prof was against it.

Everyone else began to gather their belongings and picked up their bags in haste to leave the room, school grounds, and the main gate by pair or by peers. The entire campus was especially loud since exams have finally ended. He can even spot some of his batch mates and seniors with forlorn expressions on their faces.

It was indeed unfortunate, though the pressure about the exams had ceased, thinking of the results next is more overwhelming.

Pondering about it, his inner self starts to worry. He wasn't even confident in his answers. He discerned that the given time limit was more rushing and pressuring than usual. He was ten minutes stuck on the first question.

But did he get the number seventeen right?

It was definitely systematic or was it stratified?

He better ask Jihyuk what his answer was. Jin takes his bag and was supposed to scurry over to Jihyuk's desk, but the moment he turns around, surprisingly there was no one there waiting and beaming to welcome him.

He drags his surprised amethyst eyes around the room and finds nothing but a few classmates of his who briefly smile and bows at him before striding their way out through the entrance door.

After hearing their faint footsteps outside the halls, his eyes then dart down to the empty desk in front of him as the silence spreads in the room which only made him realize he was really all alone.

He left . . .

Before knowing it, his heart starts to ache and frowns in marvel.

Jihyuk didn't wait for him.

Was he still mad? His lips thinned as his fingers clenched tightly around the straps of his bag.

Jihyuk leaving him behind only proves he's right, but to part ways unreasonably . . . this has never happened before. Regardless of how upset Jihyuk usually was towards him, he would still voluntarily accompany him on their way home and would only refuse to talk to him for a few hours before everything paces back to normal.

He turns and sits on Jihyuk's desk. His hand that was clutching the strap of his bag moved over to his chest, stroking it slowly in circular motion when he felt it suddenly tightening, making it a bit harder for him to breathe. W-Why now? He crouches, shuts his eyes close, and softly grunts as he tried to minimally breathe through his nose to ease the pain.

He was too relaxed when he assumed having to deal with this pain was no longer needed. His mouth opens, letting out a strained gasp when he felt his chest achingly stirring from within. Today's incident only proves him wrong. It seems it didn't leave him, yet. What made it change back then and gave him false hope?

It felt different from his encounter with Hiro.

A gentle knock on the door of the classroom brought his head back to reality. His slightly wet eyes glance over the entrance door and he finds Hesung and Yeji standing there and waving their hands in his direction.

Catching their bright faces couldn't even stop the unsatisfying sentiment to linger inside him, making him feel even more pathetic.

Should he laugh at himself for still hoping it was Jihyuk who was calling for him?

"Jin-ah~ we're up for tteokboki!" As usual, Yeji has her arm wrapped around Hesung's neck, who stares back at him silently. His innocent eyes then secretly scan around the empty room.

Jin immediately brought back his posture as he knew Hesung was searching for someone and before he could ask him, "I'm coming," he has no choice but to halfheartedly walk his way out, hiding the mournful look inside his eyes as he embraced his friends.

The distracted Hwang Hesung smiled at him warmly and rests his head over his shoulders, embracing him back whilst Yeji cried in ecstasy seeing two adorable being up close and in one frame. Ahh, kyeoptaa! They're both are so adorbs~

Her fantasy has finally crossed reality. Eomma, I have lived my life well. She happily weeps with her invisible tears.

"Let's go!" Without further ado, Yeji dragged Hesung and Jin both towards the stairs, and the two happily obliged and followed her.

Thanks to them Jin was now a bit calmer than he was.

Because aside from his sadness about Jihyuk's absence, if there's another thing that was making him so reluctant on leaving this place was his friends.

Author's Note:

FOR MORE chapters to read read my story on Webnovel.

I upload new chapters there first, three days in advance before I'll post it here. Hehehe.

I also often upload chapter there daily. (^-^) V

BOOK TITLE:

Captivated (BL)

MY ACCOUNT:

Daniel_BlakeZD