Chapter 29

They both battle against the dynamic heat of the sun. Hiro has his eyes squint and his brows reaching for each other, causing his flawless forehead to crease, whilst Jin shuts his eyes close, delighted, as he welcomes the warmness embracing him, warming his nerves. The anxiousness he felt slowly dissolved.

The moment his eyes flutter open, he's in deep thoughts.

He wonders what mochi is doing right now. Supposed sleeping?

Hiro swiftly moves to his front and they stand now facing each other as he blocks the sunlight from touching a strand of his hair, fully sheltering him from head to toe. His face is calm, but a bit uneasy, and Jin wonders why. Hiro looked more nervous than him.

Jin breathes all his negative thoughts out as he looks down at his pale fingers, rubbing them against each other.

Here goes nothing.

"Uhm, I don't have your phone with me, I'm sorry," Jin apologetically smiles though Hiro couldn't see it, but his subconscious has his big thumbs up at him for having the courage and honesty.

By some point, he made it sound sincere despite he half-heartedly accepted his destiny.

Well, anyone could have warned him that this frustrating man would suddenly appear in their university and stand in front of him, heeding him to talk.

"I know," Hiro whispers to him softly.

And he can hear the amusement in his voice which made him lift his chin and peek up at him through his lashes, and right there, he found him wearing his unusual entertained smile . . . with his firm dimples shown on the spotlight.

Holy Moses. . .

Despite his eradicate breathing, swooned soul, and his subconscious fanning himself on the verge of fainting. He breathes in relief internally, "You knew?" So he knew? How though?

Hiro cocks his head to the other side, his playful eyes glowing, bemused and feeling giddy of his own private joke, "I don't know. Take a guess."

Jin stops himself from rolling his eyes at him discreetly. His shoulder slumps at the sight of him, yet his grin was too powerful and infectious. Before knowing it, a short giggle escapes his throat.

It had a huge effect on him for some reason.

From the man he secretly cherished in that suffocating elevator he's shifted to the man he's been with in that empty lounge, frustrating yet irresistible.

"I'd rather not," Jin responds.

How much longer will they wait for Ahjussi? He needs saving right now.

Hiro frowns, "Why?" Is he boring him?

Jin pops his lips at him, "I believe making this argument longer is unbeneficial, thank you," he smartly pointed out now with his lips pursed out at him in the end.

Hiro's eyebrows shot up at him, failing to look hurt and surprised at his words, "We're arguing?"

Jin looks everywhere but him, afraid that he won't be able to keep up his straight face. Oh, why does he have to rub it in? "No, but I think we know how it ends."

Hiro raises his hand, causing Jin to flinch slightly, guarded, but pauses when he sees the same navy blue handkerchief in his hand, placed in front of his now wet forehead, drenched by sweat.

Jin sighs, knowing well he must have offended Him. He shouldn't let his guard down. He knew the chances of Hiro hurting him is high.

"No, I don't think you know very well how it ends," He whispers and offers his handkerchief to him that brought their fingers to briefly brush against each other, and the familiar itchy sensation and the electric pull between them resurfaces.

Recently, his fascinating behaviors made him believe he wouldn't harm a single hair of his. By some point, that odd feeling of being safe whenever he's near him had been the reason why he often lets himself get too comfortable and at ease.

Hiro makes him feel helpless and reckless, reckless to pass his trust to someone like him so easily. Well, he does find the whole Kai Hiroshima package beneficial.

Especially that blinding dimples of his.

"You're as clueless as I am," Jin counterattacks.

And suddenly, a lingering emotion arises from the depths of Hiro's bright eyes.

"Yes . . . perhaps I am or it's just you."

They stood there and stared at one another as if finding each other's comfort from the same frustration and confusion they held along with the other unfamiliar emotions growing without warning within them. His soft amethyst eyes against Hiro's calm ones.

None of them bothered to blink as they gazed into each other's eyes, finding the unanswered questions from the blank and empty slots.

Jin struggles to keep his thoughts all in one place.

What does he mean? Are they still talking about his cell—About him being the clueless one?

He can't find anything to fill the blanks.

He's forgotten that this man is more complicated than word search.

Seconds later, he thanked Ahjussi in black for turning in just right on time, bringing along two other men in black. Holy cow . . . more James Bond cast. He'd rather call them Ahjussi black number two and three.

After the unusual greeting with Hiro interrupting them with uncanny excuses of whatever bug he saw that they can't,

when they started getting on point on their discussion, the odd and uncomfortable atmosphere between them seconds ago vanished into thin air, briefly forgotten.

Jin's assumption was right. It is about 'Hiro's phone' that he hid in one of the drawers of his room. He was horrified when they mentioned it was stolen, thank God Hiro was fast enough to clarify that part before he could react or defend himself, despite his innocence.

Perhaps they are hired investigators. Of what?

Ridiculously, it could all be because of that goddamned phone that wouldn't stop ringing.

After clarifying that part, Jin couldn't take any more information he couldn't process or comment in.

"Delete the stored data from the main team, cut the connection. Block it if you must and wait further for my next word. . . Keep me open, I do not want this to reach that old man's ears."

Hiro shift his eyes at his side, seeing one of his men had raised and held an umbrella to shelter him from heat, which he furiously took, gazing darkly back to his underwing who stood stunned for a second, which doubled when his master moved it across all the way to his right and steps back, placing his hand, that's holding the umbrella an inch away on the middle school looking woman—boy beside his master. He immediately recognizes who he was and for a short second, he briefly saw heaven . . . or was it hell.

"And the troupe?" Shun says, his voice very low, and keeps his eyes off Jin, though a little distracted by another oddest scenario he witnessed.

They had regrouped to take care of the painful excess. Looks like they'll be having fun later. It's worth the effort.

"Raise caution to code 3."

"Your word, sir?" code 3? That's a first from off work.