Chapter 31

"Do you have plans?"

Hiro asks, shifting the subject as he blinks down at the curious fellow in front of him. He caught him staring with earnest but trifling waves of novel trapped in his eyes, searching for the unheard tattled voices he buried inside his depleted pupils.

They were loud—bewailing.

Jin took the umbrella from his hand and closed it down. He's hiding something.

Looking at his alarmed and scrutinizing eyes, he debated whether he had held furthermore answers from what's beyond this man's charade. His caves. What undefined monsters he hides.

After all this talking and pleasing who from who. It leads him to one conclusion. He knows nothing of him.

Not even a portion of him.

Who was he fooling about trespassing boundaries and thick lines? This man hasn't had any. He's the boundary itself that's seemingly too impossible to cross let alone discover or catch up, but now he's asking him if he has plans.

Will he take that as a gateway?

He doesn't know if it was him who's stepping in his bounds or he's knowingly welcoming him in.

The universe must have played with him poorly.

He doesn't understand. Hiro is a man with great fortune and fate, but why does he have to get involved in all of this phenomenal drama?

'Calm down. You're overthinking everything,' his subconscious kicks in holding his inhaler and fanning himself.

He heard him crystal clear. He told him to call him by his name over an honorific. What does that mean? Clearly, it was a slap that he doesn't belong nor has the right to call him brother.

Will that ever change? Even when both families have come to unite? Will he even let that happen? Would he let his mother be in a hands of a man he doesn't know if they could trust and depend on? His head starts to spin. Why is everything so—

"You're turning pale."

Jin steps back, panicking. No, he does not agree. They were fine before they came, his mother was doing fine—

"Enough." Hiro shakes him, waking him from his deep deep deep nightmare.

He glances up at his friends who are waiting for him ahead, "I-I do have plans. My friends have been waiting."

He brushes himself out from his grasp and gave him back his umbrella and handkerchief.

He just wants none of him.

'You know it's not his fault,' his subconscious voice out. 'And you still have his phone, dummy.'

When he looks at him in the eyes to beg goodbye, words couldn't find his lips.

He looked hurt.

But why? By all means, he shouldn't. His shoulders fell. He doesn't know what to think through anymore.

"I understand," Hiro says.

Intimidating but understanding.

'Ha,' spout his subconscious, 'We'll keep him.'

"They're just inviting me to Karaoke." He wasn't even planning to go.

He heard him taking a massive breath before tilting his head to the other side, intrigued, "I've never been to one."

Jin's eyes alternatively shift from his left pupil to another, studying him. Bit by bit his anxiousness dissolves. But—wait he hasn't?

Well, he doesn't need to at the moment.