Chapter 46

Hearing no response from him, Jin finally brought his eyesight to gaze down at the quiet man before him and his mysterious dark eyes were already staring at him with a dejected sullen look on his face the moment their eyes met, and that made Jin halt, thinking what did he do wrong.

Bothered by the growing uneasiness inside his amethyst eyes, Hiro slowly lifts his hand and graze his fingers against the young fellow's fingertips from the side of his thighs, tugging it gently and pulling it towards his lips, kissing each and every one of his fingertips and knuckles to ease his anxiety away before he grabs his entire hand and intertwines their fingers.

All Jin could do was to watch him as his breath hitched at his unusual behavior, his heart fluttering, and before he could dwell on the intimate contact they shared, Hiro rises from his seat and stood mightily tall in front of him.

"Whenever you're ready," He said, squeezing his cold hand, tenderly, urging him to take the lead.

The young fellow blinks and gulps nervously before nodding back at him in response. His feet move on their own accord towards his room, his antsy eyes glued to his front as Hiro follows him from behind.

He never knew holding hands with someone while simply walking can also be nerve-wracking to his confused heart.

And for the first time, he didn't know the way to his room from the kitchen seems to take an eternity for them to reach. None of them spoke a word towards each other, but the silence between them was much more comforting than he imagine, or perhaps it's because the man must be too tired to start a conversation.

He thought after what happened with the k-kiss things would be awkward for the both of them, but he thought wrong, too. He never felt this comfortable as he is with anyone aside from his mother.

His comfortable ambiance with Jihyuk was different, too.

The remaining anxiety inside his eyes vanishes into thin air.

He noticed that whenever he was with him he didn't have to worry about anything, even his safety.

He really is full of mysteries and surprises.

Jin clenches the edge of his uniform before he moves and tilts his head to the other side to peek up the obedient cougar behind him, wanting to see him even just for a bit.

His plum red lips tighten as his heart hammered inside his ribcage when he finds him oddly staring down at their intertwined fingers with a small smile painted on his lips paired with the softest and calmest expression he's seen in him so far.

'Ah,' his subconscious grasps his chest painfully where his heart resides and dramatically melts to the ground, down on both knees. His mouth hung open and eyes showed nothing but appreciation at such captivating sight.

He too felt attacked. It felt illegal to witness such beauty...

Hiro must have noticed his gaze when his eyes lift to meet his and his smile widens, his pearly white teeth on full show, and his underwear-dropping-dimples glistening by the spotlight.

'Urk.'

His subconscious couldn't take much in and finally passed out with a sated grin on his face.

Jin tried to maintain his cool. It's embarrassing to be caught staring at him, but his conscience seems to oppose, for it has brought him another memorable epitome of his unrealistic existence.

Just like a dream, it seems surreal.

He mirrors his smile and opens his lips to speak. "How did you manage to arrive in front of the apartment before I did?" At such frightening speed.