Chapter 9: Meeting the Woos

Just like Jin, Asami was starstruck for a moment after seeing three gorgeous men in suits staring right at them. It made her self-conscious. Oh my, does her dress look fine?

"Ma'am?"

The staff called out to her when she did not move for a couple of seconds.

Asami blinks, "Ah-Yes, Thank you." Her lips stretch into an awkward smile.

Even though she was anxious staying under the intimidating gazes they're receiving, she confidently took a step forward, officially stepping out of the elevator as she fixed the strands of her hair. She then bows towards the staff politely, who just nods her head back towards her in return.

Asami glanced behind her and saw her son, frozen and standing very still inside the elevator.

"Sweetheart?" whispered Asami. Does he perhaps feel sick?

Jin snapped out of his deep thoughts, blinked his eyes numerous times before looking away. His ears began to turn red in embarrassment. He stood there, uneasy and confused on his shoes. He can feel his agitation stirring with his adrenaline.

Why was his heart erratically beating inside his chest?

Slowly, he released his hand around his stomach and acted as if nothing had happened. He stood straight as he clasp and rub his hand together, warming and consoling himself because his fingers wouldn't stop trembling.

He clenches his hands tightly, his knuckles turning white from the pressure. He dared not lift his eyes and look at the person again. He followed his mother quietly and hid behind her.

As the elevator doors close behind him, he looks back with regret inside his eyes.

Remind him why did he agree to come here in the first place?

Anyone...anyone who is daring enough to take the risk, come up here now and drag him out of here.

"Ah, there she is." A deep and masculine voice echoed inside the large floor, followed by a faint chuckle that caused Jin's shoulders to tense after hearing loud and unsynchronized footsteps approaching their direction.

Jin watches his mother leans at the man, who looks like he's still in his early twenties. He had the presence of a charming bachelor in town who is adored by many.

The man approached his mother and gently embraced her waist as he kissed her forehead in front of his eyes.

It was an eyesore, but Jin kept his temper and head lay low. He could not bear to see another thing or two.

He could never bring himself to get used to seeing his mother being kissed by another man aside from him.

Jin played with his cold fingers and traced his nail as his mother and the man exchanged greetings with each other. Witnessing that made his mood sour. He badly wants to go home.

He breathes in and out. There's nothing he can do but endure and watch. Jin unconsciously turned his head towards the table in the center of the room when he felt someone has been watching his every movement. Conscious of being watched, he peeks at the table.

He did not fully see everything a while ago, but he's surprised to find two people seated quietly around the round table in their sharp suits. He did not dare to look at their face directly. The incident from earlier had been playing on a loop inside his head.

What's up with the suits? These folks made it look like a business meeting rather than an actual dinner.

His gaze then shifts towards the glass wall allowing him to feast his eyes at the magnificent cityscape during the cold night.