Chapter 55

A low ear scrunching gasp escapes from Jin's lip as he consciously bites his bottom lip to restrain his jaw from falling repulsively at the cold floor beneath his feet. His round eyes widen far more, lashes batting up at him in disbelief. Is he crazy? Did he finally lose his sanity after too much sleep deprivation?

The young fellow exasperatingly shakes his head from side to side before he frustratingly played with the man's cheeks, pinching them furiously then gently caressing them to ease the pain he might have inflicted, "You can't do that! Don't ever do that! Actually, don't even think about doing that!" he scolds. His mortified heart was shaken abrasively as he firmly held the man's face a finger close to his face.

Even though he felt that their time was now shortened, it won't be long before his mother comes back.

It won't be long before Hiro leaves...but he's here spouting nonsense as if it's easy to throw his life away just like that. He didn't know he had suicidal thoughts this severely. Is he secretly mistreated at his home for him to refute and act this way?

Is he? "It'll bring you serious harm..." Worst, death would be welcoming him with open arms.

Looking at his unfazed pupils, it's truly a novel for him to even meet someone as peculiar as him.

Another stifling sigh escapes his lips as Hiro wordlessly rubs and leans his face to his touch, eyes shut close, and apparently not paying close attention to his words. Jin felt mentally disturbed. Should he talk about this with Mr. Harashi? Does he know his child's thoughts could be this...dark?

"Do you understand me?" Should he suggest him to attend counseling? Would he hear him out and not look at him as If he's overreacting? "..." Dragging someone into the light is not overreacting.

Hiro hums seeing him in deep thoughts. He cares. His half-opened eyes stared at him dearly with a small boyish smile painted on his lips, "I'm listening." He cares, he really does...

Jin felt dumbstruck all over, finding such dazzling limelight inhabitable. Aigoo, the least he could do is to warn him before he smiles like that. He wasn't emotionally and mentally prepared to fall over his own two clumsy feet for him. "G-Good...Can you at least stay over dinner?" but he can't help but want to persuade him to stay longer, having the sudden need to see his smiles at least a few more time as he likes.

On the contrary, Hiro did say he'd stay for dinner recalling back to their conversation inside his car, the moment before he knew embarrassment was waiting for him back then and the moment before he knew a pair of lips would be sealed with his.

A small hope blossomed inside his chest.

Could he? Could he stay?

Hiro rubs the tip of their nose together, his expression hurt and inflicted as he shuts his eyes close, controlling his strong urge to reconsider his request, "I can't take any risk of putting your life on the line." He has to leave no matter what the cost is.

Hiro's helpless eyes open once more and stared mesmerized at Jin's inquisitive and adorable expression of intrusiveness. Yes, come forth more, just a little closer and he'll have him completely captured, but he didn't foresee that his trip to be imprisoned back at home would be a great hindrance to his sweet youth, which barely had just begun.

Hiro's jaw madly clenches. Is it possible to hide him somewhere others couldn't be entangled with him?

He depressingly presses his forehead against Jin's, eyes glowering with immense dilemma. Such flawless piece should be kept hidden.

At this moment, he just wants to put him inside his pocket and run away.

Jin's plump lips tightened, forming into one steep line. What is he talking about? Seconds ago it was him who was talking about putting his own life on the line by his random idea of jumping off the rooftop.