Chapter 100: Those Eyes

Rough waves ripples through the varied boats of the public dock and a Japanese man can be seen with a plunging set of somber and lifeless eyes staring straight into the massive horizon of the sea.

Knowing full well the prey lies beyond the waters and the bewailing treacherous breeze, its voices shrieking to him in a settling warning. Its portent was clear as glass.

His rigid left hand crossed over to his right shoulder. He shuts his eyes and simply tilts his head to the side, snapping his tensed joints.

"The car's ready, President!"

He lifts his lids open, and his empty eyes stare specifically at nothing as the wind dusts through his silk-black hair.

Very well.

They should depart soon before the night inspection starts.

He turns, keeping his head cool, and walks past his subordinate.

His patience is running out.

_____________________

Jin leans and rests his head on Hiro's firm shoulder as the man carries him towards the left side of the room—towards the mini living quarter he was always curious to visit a while ago and now, with Hiro standing inside it, the room looked exceptionally too small and cramped from his expectations.

The beautiful shelves are filled with books, and rather than couches and tables, there was only a thick carpet lying on the cold floor.

He twists his head to the other side, examining the remaining details he hasn't seen yet.

"A mini library?" He unconsciously utters.

The room gives off a pleasant ambiance where he could picture any bookworm willing to drown themselves in these mysterious and vintage books. They look ancient and just stunning.

In spite of the pinkness of the dreamland room a while ago, this part looked more neutral mixed with modern, but the dark wooden racks make it look like a forbidden athenaeum of information.

And this is why luxury is an art, too.

If he was born rich, he could have constructed a room like this with his K-pop merchandise and special edition albums displayed. That would be a complete paradise for him.

Hiro confronts the dark glass door beside the shelf, and Jin envelops his arms carefully around the man's neck when he realizes glass doors are transparent and reflects what light there is from the other side.

Why is it pitch black?

Hiro slowly twists the handle of the door and pushes it wide open, revealing a mystifying opaque place with nothing but void and cryptic warmth.

And he knew right from the heavy ambiance that the space inside was vast, a cove much larger than he anticipated.

He held his breath.

They entered, and two bright but still dim yellow lamps turned on by the corner, just enough to let him spectate a few areas of the dark room.

It's another chamber, but he was astonished by the switch of glumness from the bright colors he saw earlier.

Hiro closed the glass door behind him, and the light from the other side illuminated through the door and floor towards a bed from the distance.

Jin's eyes desperately adjusted to the dimness of the room.

"What is this place?"

Everything was just gray and black.

"My room," Hiro calmly replied.