Chapter 51

In the intervening time, continuously vibrating against the thin walls of the emergency staircase were faint muffled murmurs echoing from floor to floor and the sound of numerous footsteps dissenting all at once can be heard approaching in great speed.

"Ha...Ha...Ha..."

Panting and putting her lungs in risky work was Asami, running in a fuss like her life depends on how swift can her leather stilettoes crash above the polished floor per second. Her full spent energy and burned sweat were not thrown into vain as she made efforts to shorten the distance between the stairs and her designated floor possible from her part.

Please...

Her lips and heart quivered nonstop, troubled with immense worry, too much worry that has been contaminating and building up dangerously within her chest, that'll soon overflow in no time. Her anxiety rebelliously grew as the clock continues to tick, second after second, she was getting impatient.

She's afraid that by the time she gets there...It's already too late for her.

Please...

Asami halts in front of the door of her considerable home for years and she never realized how the building's security was this bleak. The only sense of safety she can provide her child in his weak state despite her absence...but then she broke that important impression he has towards her.

Her heels screech and sharply squeak against the cold floor. The sound of it was painful to her ears, but she didn't have the second to mind over the disturbing noise. Her thoughts were plagued with different unwanted scenarios filling inside her head.

He's the only person she has left...Please...

Her knees start to buckle, shaken as the immense fear planted inside her head builds up the undesirable hesitation inside her head and her face has never been paler, "Please..." she prays. Her breath was shivering as her sweaty fingers slowly grasp around the door handle, tightly.

May God forgive her if she'll resent his greatness if the sight from the other side of this door is what He thinks she deserved.

Then so help her...

She tries twisting the handle and somehow her heart skipped a beat to discover it was locked, determined yet worried, but before she could enter the pass above the handle, a hand held her wrist, stopping her from doing so.

A low gasp naturally escaped from her trembling lips and her bottled-up emotions kept at bay broke its temperament.

A bittersweet tear fell from her reddened eyes as she glances over to her side and her tensed body almost slumped down the floor in relief. However, she winces at the bone-cracking pain by her ankle and looks away briefly to wipe the wetness of her eyes away.

She has to be strong...she's a mother of one.

"Ma'am we don't mean to interrupt, but we followed you here willingly out of concern. Perhaps do you need assistance in getting in?" The young attendant said in haste, his eyes were sharp and serious as if telling her he knew and acknowledge her what she was worried about.

Asami immediately nods her head at him. She can't let this opportunity slide.

Upon seeing her short response, the young attendant glances back to his companion and signals him to prepare, and their new recruit anxiously nods his head back at him half-heartedly with an unknown sign of courage overflowing inside his hesitant eyes.

Pressing the passcode of the apartment in as short as three seconds, Asami twists the door open and immediately barges inside her apartment with the staff she permitted towing behind her.