Chapter 34

An uncomfortable twinge of uneasiness enveloped his obedient lackey's chest. A queasy sensation sprawling in circular and disoriented ways from his sternum to his strong joints when he received the umbrella from his boss, aware of the heartsore wrinkle and distracting crease on his master's brow and forehead.

And for the first time, the void in his eyes was filled with colors—emotions.

Another wondrous sight he thought he could only see once, the very least in a lifetime.

A chunk of lump blocked his airways, clogging in his throat. It was a marvel. Well, except for the fact that his boss is under hell's clout.

A strange phenomenon to witness from his ever so calm boss, before whatever storm surge he'd bestow to his trails.

It was a mythos nightmare everyone finesses to prevent and elude.

His cold fingers were sweating bullets as they swarmed around the barely warmed and damned-lucky umbrella. Hugo bows his head, he wishes not to see more.

"They're heading west, sir. Three vehicles on sight, moving past Wonton Blgd."

Hiro brushes away the strands of his hair that's been stressfully hanging and brushing against the skin under his naturally trimmed brows.

"Their numbers?" his voice tranquil and calm.

His burn-out eyes examine his environment, including the eyesore pageant in front of him. His jaw tenses.

"Unidentified, Sir," When they're better off scragged out, they prefer to report the numbers of deaths instead.

Yet,

One simple question, but he couldn't smartly provide an answer.

His worth was thrown to pits. Ashamed of his incompetency, Hugo drops his head more, just like how he lets everyone on his team down.

"Don't engage, stay positioned," Hiro declares, his fingers vulnerably twitching from his side.

His lackey snaps his head at him, distracting him from his misery.

"It's the director," there was nothing more than annoyance visible in his boss's voice.

Hugo's brows shot up in realization, and soon the corners of his eyes ablaze with friction. It's the stubborn pigman, again?

Hiro pushes himself between Jin and his entitled friend, purposely butting into their considerable argument rather than to call a conversation. His ears have been irked by their whispering for straight minutes.

"We're leaving," grabbing the bag from his grip then passing it to Hugo afterward, he offers him his empty palm whilst controlling himself to minimize the twitching from his fingertips.

He looked at him with his eyes pleading.

He waited long enough.

"Alright," Jin responds half-heartedly, silenced at his cranky behavior. Now he's mad?

Once his cold fingertips skim above Hiro's callous and warm touch, he was gently pulled towards the entrance exit, forced to leave his friend behind.

"Bomi . . ." Jihyuk calls out to him at a loss of words as his heart fell a thousand miles deeper. He's going. No. He can't go!

Jin was forced to look back, but Hiro stopped him in a wink by positioning himself completely behind him, blocking his sight. He extends his arm and his hand that's intertwined with his forward while his other hand laid flat on the back of his waist, now pulling and pushing him forth.