Chapter 71

His mother once again turns her back against him and finally vanishes through the sliding doors of the comfort room, leaving him stiff, gaping, and dumbfounded in his seat.

A call?

His backpack . . .

His widened eyes instantly surveyed the lounge to search for his bag, failing to notice the maid that was silently walking to his side, and when she reached him, his frantic eyes landed on the object resting between her hands.

It was his backpack. She was carrying it with her the entire time.

The maid carefully passes him his pink bag, and Jin unconsciously bows to her, grateful for the help she has been providing him.

Not wanting to waste further of his time, he unzips his bag, and the dreadful thoughts that have been circling in his head turn out to be veritable.

It wasn't his phone that was buzzing but Hiro's.

He's left frozen and speechless in his seat. His heart nervously racks inside his chest as he tries to shoo away the inevitable fears he has. He takes one deep and long breath before his shaking hands pick up the nonstop ringing device.

Is it Hiro? Or his people maybe?

Should he just leave it be? He could just reason out that he was resting or his phone was silent.

Though his brain was assessing which excuse should he use to help him save face, he found himself hesitatingly swiping his thumb on the phone's screen, finally answering the tenacious caller.

[What happened?]

A dark and raspy voice unexpectedly tickled and entered his ears, causing an unintentional chill to draft down from the base of his neck to his resting behind, stirring and waking his lulled soul and body to life.

Jin sits straight on the bed, and though he was taken aback by the caller's direct question, his whole body flushes and burns intensely, red roses blossoming across his pale skin. His entire body convulses weakly, submitting in as his breath hitches.

One of his shaking hands went up to cover his trembling lips when he found himself unable to utter a word.

It's him.

He can feel his compelling heartbeat knocking rigorously from inside his chest.

It's Hiro . . .

He was grateful that he was sitting with his back facing against the maid and butler because if by chance he was standing while answering his call, he knew his knees would not hesitate to wobble and give up on him despite the fact there was no one near him to catch him from his weak state.

A sudden heaviness suddenly weighs his chest down.

It felt as if it's been long listening to his voice, but did Hiro dial the wrong number?

Bringing back to the now, he discreetly looks around if anyone had witnessed him turning excited yet powerless, and if Hiro's voice can be heard around the silent room.

Upon seeing him glancing in their direction, the maid and the butler turns to him with their heads tilted, curious and intrigued if he needed something from them.

Jin politely shakes his head at them, breathing in solace as he darts his eyes away.

[Jin.]

He hiccups and almost jumps himself out of the lounge's bed after hearing the sternness of his tone turned more intimidating.

He squeezes his thighs together, his knees pressing against each other as he rewinds the dream he encountered last night, "Y-Yes?" His voice was shaking and he flushes more in embarrassment upon hearing himself sounding out of breath as if he has been chased around for a mile.