Chapter 94: Unexpected (Part 1)

"Is the scheduled arrival up to date? Ahh, is that so? . . . Ne (Yes), do notify me . . ."

Jin switches his attention to the window on his left while consciously listening to his mother taking her tenth call. After the yacht arrived at the dock by ten sharp in the morning, they had a brief and late breakfast somewhere near the coast before they resumed traveling again by wheels.

Processing the little details and information he gathered inside his head, he did realize something shortly when they arrived.

First, their destination is an island with a quarter of its property meant as a tourist spot for the public, but he doesn't know which island they are in specifically

Secondly, the area where they stayed and dined not too long ago was odd when it was deserted or was it the entire island when he couldn't see a single shadow other than them and the staff, and yet the stalls and malls around were entirely open.

How peculiar is that?

Lastly, his mother had just told him she found a place for them to stay for the time being.

He did anticipate she would, but when she mentioned it would be on the other side of this island, he had to hold his breath to abstain himself from choking on his drink when he had completely envisioned their customary night at some nearby hotel.

But what can he do?

Aside from his deep interest in what lies on the other end of this island, he completely understands his mother's judgments without condemnation.

As the wedding is tomorrow, such rehearsals are needed to be done in attendance, but isn't the ceremony to be held in the main city?

Pressing his knees together and curling his pale toes inside his slippers, Jin leans his head against the cushioned seat as the car continues leading them to who knows where.

He could tell that the island was massive and enormous.

All he sees from his window were greens, trees, and hills. The cycle has been repeating like that for a while.

As minutes pass, they were further drifting away from the shore and the main town.

"The suit arrived? Yes, we'd be taking both. "

Hiro and him had to travel in separate vehicles after their meal without getting a chance to say a word to each other since his mother had to drag him everywhere she goes.

The car they rode this time was smaller, but it was also no less than a fortune.

He hugged his pink bag firmly on his lap containing the only piece of Hiro that he was embracing, his phone which he prays wouldn't buzz off and ring, or his mother will eventually ask him a list of questions.

When he felt his bag bounce back after releasing pressure, his brows rose, intrigued.

He quickly unzips the zipper of his bag, only to discover one of the strawberry plushies he saw inside the limo they rode was inside.

Surprised, his eyes lit up though puzzled as to how it got inside his bag.

"They said your suit arrived."

His mother finally lowers her phone and shoves it into her purse, where it is now in its proper place, out and silent.

She came back facing him and providing him her full attention. Her hand reaches up to brush his hair with her dainty fingers and squeezes his cheek next while the corner of his eyes expands in alarm.

Did she just say suit?

"I-I'll be wearing a suit?" he stuttered, his astonishment palpable.

His mother looks at him as if not understanding why he was surprised and the way her head slightly tips to the other side with an awestruck expression on her face reminded him of a certain someone.

"Naturally, you will and it has to match the color of my dress."

She appeared pleased and ecstatic. Jin can't help but just give his mother a firm nod.

At the very least, he is glad she's appreciating this, away from those days when she had her silent and solemn eyes while hiding the wounds in her heart.

Shu Ahjussi, who willingly expressed to drive them, hit on the brakes, and the car finally stopped after an hour on the road.

Smiling, his mother turned her eyes to the window on his side, and her smile grew wide. "Oh, we're here."

Jin swallows his saliva, feeling his knees turning numb as they tremble. The moment the wheels ceased to move, his heart unconsciously dropped ten feet beneath him.

His anxiety grew as he felt all the blood in his body had turned cold and his fingertips were twitching.

He remained rock frozen in his place and refused to even glance at the window.

"Ah!" He leaps in terrible fright when the door to his left suddenly unlocks open.

His startled amethyst eyes shot up in horror, and it was Hiro staring down at him with the same surprised but worried look on his face.

He breathes out in relief and looks across the backseat. He saw his mother coming out of the car with an escort.

He bit his tongue inside his mouth and blinked his eyes numerous times. He should get out too.

He tried moving his feet but failed.

Waiting, Hiro held the door open wider for him. He was intensely staring—with his dark illegible eyes that could even make the hills want to run and flee.

Pressured and despite trying a few times, the only progress he made was lifting his leg in no less than an inch.

Flustered and afraid he was making it inconvenient for everyone if they were to wait until dusk just so he could get out of the car, "H-Help me up." Jin whispers.

The corner of Hiro's lips unnoticeably rose to a soft curve. That was the only phrase he was waiting to hear before he gladly bends low to scoop his little sprout in his arms, picking him up from the car and holding him high against his chest.

Feeling another sense of déjà vu, though drunk in shame from their still unsolved argument, Jin's other arm responds to circle around Hiro's neck.

Not even once had he thought of looking down. He held his bag close to his stomach because if he were to drop it, it might cost him and his mother another debt to pay.

He had yet to recover from the costly damages his dog, mochi did to Jihyuk's apartment.

While his chest began to pound again, his eyes met Hiro's.

The man had a cheeky smile on his lips before it disappeared in split second, and his dark eyes turned to look over somewhere.

When Jin finally fixed his eyes on the building in front of him, his throat went dry. He shuddered, a bit mortified.

He wonders how much would a night cost here.

"Welcome to the rest house," whispers Hiro.

Slowly, his lips start to part.

House? His shaken eyes looked over the area from left to right before looking at Hiro in disbelief, stunned.

That's a house?!

He felt his soul had left his body willingly.

Author's Note:

Support my story on WEBNOVEL. Under the pen name Author_Z