Chapter 11

The pianist's fingers suddenly stopped tapping on the keys of the grand silver piano on the stage when he heard the commotion in the background. Because the bright melody had stopped filling the room, the guitarist shifted his attention from the strings of his wooden guitar to his fellow friend, and when he saw his friend was staring straight ahead, the curious guitarist followed his line of sight.

Together with his other band members, they all looked towards their guests upon hearing the continuous gasps in the air. They were nervous about their performance that might not have met their guests' expectations.

The hotel butler, who was assigned to take their lovely guests' food orders run his polished shoes across the room in lightning speed with the other hotel staff behind him in tow. Under the professional expressions on their faces, they had withheld an intense trembling of their hearts. Their task was to observe in the corners, assist their guests' needs, and make sure that whatever happens, the dinner should go well, or else they'll say 'bye-bye' to their salary and beloved jobs.

The whole restaurant had prepared for this dinner well. Their general manager had even told them about how valuable these guests are, that's visiting them. They are one of the big shots with a well-reserve, posh with royalty-like presence, yet one lowkey family background on the public page and they have called on their telephone line for VVIPs to inform them they would reserve a floor for a mere dinner once in a while after ten years had passed.

With such pressure thrown unto them, there should not be any mistake to happen in their guests' presence. But upon looking at the scene at present before them, they could only endure the heaviness of their hearts upon thinking hundreds of their co-employees and the restaurant's reputation had been relying on their service tonight.

They had poured their energy and hearts into giving the family one merry night and an ecstatic dinner to enjoy as they heard they had traveled from Cheon to Hangbyul.

They had never expected such an incident as this were to happen.

"Jin!" As soon as Asami recovers from shock, she rushes and holds Jin's slopped and unmoving shoulders, slightly shaking him with worry. Why didn't he tell her he was feeling under the weather? "Sweetheart, can you hear me---is he breathing?" she asks out of panic.

Asami's trembling fingers and worried heart rests upon feeling the slow and tiny movements of his chest moving in and out. She breathes in relief, her breath shivering, almost sobbing. Her cold palm went to cover her eyes, as she was still not used to seeing her child in this painful state. The overflowing emotion she felt within her chest had affected the wetness of her eyes.

She was on the verge of breaking down again as she reminisced about the sufferings her child had to go through.

What kind of mother is she to not notice he's been enduring it this whole time? But thank god, he's breathing.

Hiro lent her the handkerchief in his hand instead after hearing her quiet sobs.

Asami smiles towards the young man, who she was thankful for paying close attention to her child.

She was about to open her mouth, but Hiro suddenly turned his head to the right, looking straight at the small crowd approaching them.

As a natural reaction towards the unrecognized faces he saw, Hiro stepped back, his head focused on the cold object he slipped into the back of his trouser before entering the restaurant.

His grip around the unconscious little man in his arms tightens as his thick brows furrow. His black slate eyes looked guarded as they threw daggers towards the troubled staffs like they had done something that offended him for a long time. His cold and dark gaze was enough to put three pairs of shoes to stop midway.