Chapter 13

Jin fought back the menacing gaze he received as he accepted the undergone threat towards him. He does not know where he drew out the strength to do such act without blinking an eye. He can feel the provoked invisible force between them, triggering and pulling them against each other.

Dissimilar to the clock ticking in the distance, they were both motionless. It was as if the world had stopped orbiting around them as their eyes locked to each other.

Hiro and Jin can hear each other's faint breaths, but not one another's loud heartbeats.

When the elevator doors started closing, Hiro took action. His long leg stepped forward, his polished shoe blocked and grazed against the thick sliding door from the right side of the elevator, preventing it from closing while not breaking their eye contact and his arms were still tightly intact around Jin's body.

That was a close call. Hiro sighs inside his head and breathes in. The faint fragrance of roses and baby shampoo invades his nostrils, causing him to grit his teeth. He was suppressing his instincts.

Jin shuddered when he felt the man's chest flexed underneath his palms. His cheeks and ears grew red. His face, on the other hand, was close to exploding out of shame. The unexpected encounter had left his insides stirring.

He was thrilled with confusion with the emotions he can't name as their bodies inched closer, but he does not like it. Even though they're both males, at some point it makes him uneasy.

Hiro watched how the frail little man struggled from his tight grip, replacing his shy and meek personality with another unexpected side of him, stubborn and relentless at pushing him away. It caught Hiro's full attention as all he could see was an upset kitten trying to escape from him.

He thought this little fellow was not capable of speech, but it turns out he is, and just like his puny frame, his voice was the purest he had heard.

Why isn't he budging? Jin continues to struggle, causing every muscle of Hiro to tense up with a shrill of entertainment as Hiro felt every little bit of Jin's movements that have been continuously playing inside his head.

The places of Hiro's body that Jin had touched and brushed against all turned hard and stiff. That dangerous thought alone had caused Hiro to lose his focus and control.

He clenches his jaw as his lips thinned, just another hour.

He'd endure it for another hour.

He has neither been patient towards a person nor has he held someone like this approximately too close to his liking. His body always hated physical contact, but right this moment he's curious as to why his body is reacting differently from his head. What makes this little sprout shine from the rest?

Unexpectedly bursting into his bubble and intruding his most personal space in his entire glorified entity, Jin's thigh brush against Hiro's attentive manhood causing him to freeze altogether in his shoes.

Hiro's arm moved and reacted at lightning speed to stop Jin from struggling under his grip. His other arm encircled around his tiny shoulders, holding him, firmly and impatiently, "Don't move or you'll fall off."

Hiro's grip around him tightened. His gaze never left those tantalizing eyes of his that caused havoc to his sanity tonight. He was trying to burn such beauty in his memory.

Jin felt his stomach stirring after hearing the man's raspy voice and feeling his hot breath fanning against his cheek, he was whispering those words to him so softly yet so stern.

There was it again, the abnormal speed of his heart pumping, yelling, and reacting against the man's smallest advancements. He forcefully calmed himself down. He's getting conscious if the person felt and heard the erratic beating of his confused heart.

He was intimidated.

Right, the man was much more intimidating than he looks as he's the type of person who's not in his level for him to reach or approach. He recklessly bites his lips and looks away, feeling the sense of defeat whilst unaware of the pair of eyes still watching him closely.

He does not know where this sudden isolation comes from, "Then at least put me down." He looks to the other side, away from the man's gaze, "...please."

Jin had to beg because he couldn't take in more of the man's intoxicating scent that had plunged his head to think clearly.

Maybe, just maybe, he felt a little disappointed by the big difference he felt. He's always shutting everyone out, but he has never been genuinely pleased to someone for saving him, yet when he found out the immense gap between them, it made him sick of all the hopes and expectations he had thought.

He forgot they were strangers and probably after tonight, this person wouldn't want to talk to him again.

Unbeknownst to Jin's deep thoughts, Hiro cleared his throat, stopping the corners of his lips to lift in amusement after seeing the little man's gentle nature was back. Looks like the spirit of a wild boar had escaped this little one's body.

Hiro walks inside the lounge, finally letting the elevator doors close behind them. Hiro held the back of Jin's head, afraid he might hurt himself when Jin's forehead bumps against his jaw

Just like what Jin wanted, the man placed him down on the long white couch of the empty room. His eyes roam around and the first thing he noticed was the smell of newly baked sweets. When his eyes landed on the small pantry on the corner full of wrapped pastries, he got the idea that they're inside a lounge a fancy, but an empty one.

He quietly watches the man's fluid movements, after all the man's efforts of carrying him to this room. He then walks across the spacious lounge and fetches a glass of water from the pantry before hurriedly striding back in front of him, his long legs in haste to offer him the perfectly unspilled glass of water in his hands.

"Drink."

Although he was irked at how authoritative and cold was the man's voice was, he accepted the glass of water from him as he felt his throat was poached.

How can he walk so fast yet still maintain balance?

Even if the man doesn't look like a person who bats an eye on ordinary people like him, he appreciates the man's little kindness. Though, it seems like the blank expression of his face staring at him tells him that this man was forced, forced to look out for him.

It makes sense. Who would pay attention to him? They're strangers and had just met a few minutes ago.

After drinking a few sips, he stared down at his dainty fingers, fidgeting against the buttons of his coat. He couldn't help but look away or avoid any brief eye contact.

He can feel the man's presence overpowering him, he's just too intimidating to look at. With the both of them in one room, Jin felt like he was a simple leather residing beside a gold plate that every merchant wanted to lay their hands with.

Author's Note:

Come follow me on instagram

daniel_blake.zd