Chapter 95: Unexpected (Part 2)

Looking around, everybody appeared to be busy handling their luggage out of the compartment from the last car that arrived at the estate. And yet Jin was there being carried like a princess and having all reasons to be untroubled. But he chose to be stuck with the unanswered questions inside his head.

His grasp around Hiro's neck narrows as he spaces out in the air, his mind running in nauseating circles.

"They're here!"

A soft hiccup fled from his parted lips, surprising Hiro, who shifted his gaze down towards him, amused.

His amethyst pupils followed the voice after hearing the strong american accent somewhere, also piquing Hiro's curiosity.

They both turn their heads and peek synchronously over the entrance of the out-of-this-world-rest house as it flew open, revealing a boy about half as tall as him came sprinting in his clean white tennis shirt and shorts and sleek black oxford shoes paired with knee-length socks.

His hair and eyes were dark like Hiro's, except that he had a wide mesmerizing and contagious smile on his lips. The sunrays had touched his little figure delicately, and his eyes which he thought were slate black, turned to vivid brown.

"Young master!"

A butler and a maid who looked terribly exhausted came running in tow behind the child who went out apparently without permission.

"Aniki!" The boy hollered with the wind softly brushing through his hair, his high-pitched voice unconsciously startling Hiro's men behind.

Aniki? (Older brother?)

Jin shuts his mouth from gaping after overpraising the child internally and taking recognition of another good-looking rosebud that has yet to grow and capture or break hearts.

Their genes are no joke.

Hiro never mentioned he had a younger sibling. In fact, he thought he was the youngest. Mr. Harashi said too.

"Who's that?" whispers Jin, his inquisitiveness now at its destructive level.

Hiro already wore a distasteful expression on his face as he replied, "Someone from the family," casually.

Jin forces his eyes to look away when he mistakenly thought the boy's gaze seems to be directed at him. He looks at Hiro bathed in the sun, and he wasn't mistaken. Hiro's eyes were indeed midnight black, even after colliding with the light.

Feeling his harboring stares, Hiro concedes defeat with a sigh, "My brother's child."

Jin pinches his cheek at his choice of words. Why can't he just say he's his nephew? Does he have to be that formal, even towards his family?

"Young master, please, you shouldn't run!"

No matter how the unfortunate maid cried repulsively in horror, the young boy kept his ears close, ignoring her. He ran down the stairway faster than anyone and stopped right in front of Hiro and Jin.

A visible sweat rolled down his forehead, he was panting, and his pale cheeks were now flush in bright red.

In spite of the sun, he was squinting his big carob brown eyes in half as he looked up at them.

When Jin meets his warm gaze, the child tilted his head over to the other side, and his dashing smile grew.

Oh my. Isn't he just precious?

Now he wonders what would Hiro look like as a child.

"Why are you here?" Hiro sternly cuts off the boy's unspoken words when he was near opening his mouth.