Chapter 69

The day of the flight.

"Ani (no), don't go, Jin-ah!"

A few heads turn to glance at the spacious entrance of HIA (Hangbyul International Airport) after hearing a loud commotion, and their strange inquisitive gazes settle against the too feminine frame of a boy whose beautiful amethyst eyes were holding back its tears from falling. Their appraisal gazes sit at the sight of him longer, in full awe, before averting their eyes away and minding their own business.

"Ani! This can't be happening! We had such little time with each other, don't leave, Jin-ah! What about our karaoke gathering? Aniiiiii!"

His friends cover their arms around him, crushing his small physique as they wail and whine at his shoulders, and Jin could only bite his lips, trying his best not to stifle a sob.

"We won't ever feel and sense completeness without you." Yeji sullenly rubs the side of her cheek above his head, unbothered that her cry was indeed the loudest. Hesung on the other hand, had his face morosely pressed against Jihyuk's chest, obviously weeping in grief as Mr. Snob himself tries to calm him down.

They look ideal together considering the height difference they had, but that was neither significant nor pleasing enough for the mood around them to lift. Everyone was in great grief that this is where their friendship would start to struggle, and the chances of it falling apart are at higher risk.

But if it was any other normal day from the past, he would constantly root for Hesung's extreme shyness over Jihyuk's frank character.

Jin gently pats Yeji's back, trying to soothe and hush her down, "Yah, it's not like I'll be gone forever." He, himself is aware that his voice was shaking.

No, it's more likely that they don't have enough reason to return here. Nevertheless, he forces to just smile it off, reassuring them that wasn't the complete case, and yet seeing him trying so hard only worsened the glum atmosphere around them as Yeji's mortified cry became louder.

"Hey, we'll keep in touch, okay?" Jin's heart felt heavy at the thought of their separation. No one was more affected about this other than him as the image of him sitting alone in a crowded place full of unfamiliar faces had left a suffocating feeling within his chest and left a bitter taste at the back of his tongue.

He would be lonely in Cheon without them.

It's a good fact that they lived in this modern age where they could make use of technology.

Ji-Hye pats his head and ruffles his hair, "We'll meet each other soon in the future, so I won't be saying my goodbyes." There was visible dampness in her eyes, but she did not waver as Yeji did. She kept a strong and determined expression plastered all over her face as she gently leaned in and kissed the top of his head, "You have to come back, no matter what."

She was like the big sister Jin never had.

He nods his head. Yes, this isn't the end. They will surely meet each other soon.

"Farewell, Ahjumma. We will miss you."

Yeji turns her attention to his mother and sobs poorly on her shoulders. Her nose was red and her eyes were already swollen, but it looks like she wasn't planning to stop there just yet. His mother returns her embrace with a smile as she tries to calm her down.

Later then a lady approached them and introduced herself as their attendant for today's flight which was seemingly odd enough as Jin noticed that they were the only ones being politely escorted by a staff with two other men pushing two luggage carts behind her.

When Jin turns to look at his friends again, he was greeted by Jihyuk's sudden tight embrace who has kept his lips sealed the whole time. The probing tears he was holding back finally gives in and rolls down unhappily from his half-closed amethyst eyes.