Chapter 8: The Awaited Dinner

When evening came, the beauty of Hangbyul where it was known for, stepped into the limelight. The LED high-power projector lights attached to the tall buildings complemented the structure's refined architectural design with a mix of modernity and classic spread across the city.

They were glimmering and flashing nonstop.

The public places, especially the well-groomed parks, were filled with different people. The youngsters, who are known to mingle in the night, had their blankets laid out on the field with plain Bermuda grass on the right side of the Heechul Park.

Despite enjoying the beautiful night with different companions, they all ogled at the masterpiece of the legendary Hangbyul Bridge that connects to the other side of the city, where faces of celebrities and idols were shown in a slide show by a projector.

The colorful images against the concrete bridge were indeed pleasing to the eyes.

Thus, people around the globe had craved to snap a picture of their favorite idols projected on the bridge. It's every fans' dream, like himself, to flex their bias on IGram. It's a bucket list that has shooked the fandom world.

His post of Byul, a famous idol from ZTen last year has reached ten thousand likes. How could every fan of him not be tempted to hit the heart button upon seeing his godly charms?

As all the street lights lit up, Hangbyul city was at its finest. The vibrant colors made the city stand out with the dark sky as the perfect canvas.

Most of the cars headed in the opposite direction, it's either the people were eager to return to their homes after finishing their duties for the day or want to visit the south part of the city where famous restaurants are gathered, at an affordable price.

Somewhere in the main road towards the heart of the city of Hangbyul, a silver Honda can be seen, moving and blending in with the other vehicles.

Inside the honda, a long and uncomfortable silence reign between Jin, who was seated comfortably in the passenger seat, and his mother, who's maneuvering the wheels, taking complete control as she turns the car to the right.

Jin stared at the window in his side, frustrated as to why he had agreed to her request. He could have used studying for his exams as an excuse, but in the end, he came along.

Jin knows he's the first person his mother expected who would understand her situation, yet here he was totally against the idea of her remarrying.

It's an honest statement from him by heart.

He does not know what to say to her. He didn't even bother giving her a satisfactory response earlier. But, it looks like he's been relying too much on his mother to have such selfish thoughts.

His mother knows what she's doing. He knows she knew best than him.

He admits he has a childish mindset that causes the people around him to flee before knowing him completely.

He's just scared of being left alone, thus shutting himself from everyone is what he does before he gets attached to others.

He had only a few people that he can trust and they are exceptions.

There was a big part of him inside his chest that screamed to him to tag along. He's curious to know what type of person his mother wants to remarry.

After hearing his mother wishes to remarry, he doesn't know what emotions to display or show in front of her, whether he should express joy or voice out the concerns inside his head. He was worried.

His mother was finally healing, yet here she was risking her heart again to another man.

"The man...you're planning to remarry..." He decides to break the silence inside the car yet never turned his head to look at her. He had trouble speaking the sentence in one go. He was ashamed of himself for being too self-centered.