Chapter 87: Heart's Demands (Part 4)

'You called, my lord?'

Black steam unfurls transparently through the eternal abyss as Hellion sits and reins in his master's consciousness with the lurking souls of dead soldiers repressing behind his shadows. Their clamorous was deafening and seemed to be in a state close to a dilemma from the current matter.

After earnestly regarding the current subject issue, Hellion's entire soulless figure freezes, momentarily caught off guard.

For the first time, words had not left his lips but a heaving breath.

The scorching voices of his tailed darkness mourned more, its shrieking voices lamenting in panic after their general's long pause, falling to assist the chosen one.

'I apologize for my incompetency, child, but I beg your pardon?'

Gay.

What is that he may ask?

The word doesn't toll and ring to any combat skill or weapon he recalled to be anointed by that name and title.

How odd.

Truly peculiar indeed.

Hellion pondered more, aware that the time was running and he opt not to waste it further.

But nothing.

He got nothing to spew out.

Perhaps than pointing to 'what', it can be 'who'.

But who is this 'gay' that's insane enough to risk its life knocking by the death's door itself?

Such foolish self-destruction.

A widely recognizable dissatisfaction was discernible in the black imp's facade, 'I see humanity has never changed.' He assumed so, disgruntled.

Feeling the entire realm of consciousness was already shaking to a tremendous extent,

'Your excellency.'

Eros emerges and steps into the meeting to take aid and now took half of their master's consciousness, which led the silenced dark imp to forcefully fall back, but stayed impassive on the sides with his dim resentful eyes staring coldheartedly and overlooking the lustrous red haze spreading from the other side.

It was a color truthfully captivating on the battlefield as nothing feeds the thirst of his children than recruiting lost souls and ripping numbers for human blood.

For his deep apathy to go to waste upon seeing such useless power in his presence from now on, his hatred grew, his pupils enraged at the red doe eyes from his sight.

How disgusting.

Both veils of red and black mist remained lenient and indulgent not to cross each other's borders but were never in sync.

Though Eros was preoccupied with Hellion's heaping stares from the distance, he beams secretly to himself, pleased. But the fleeting moment vanished without a trace when he was ten times nervous as his acquaintance's thousands of battalions fretting behind him.

I need to help his highness first.

'According to my resources of knowledge apart from my retirement from the recent holder, Gay was refined by optimism and delight . . . ' Eros pauses as it was all he knew that could get them out from this shithole problem.

He blinks, now troubled.

His weak power has been wandering and watching how humankind nourished and rot around the world, and he recalled exactly how it feels to do nothing but peer and wait.

Now that he's here. Why was he only becoming more and more useless?

The anxiety and inferiority he felt decades ago came home and continue to plague his core stone to waver.