Chapter 38

Everything else moves on fluidly around them without interruption. Once Zien took his place in the driver's seat, the car finally advances forward.

Riveting at the current events, the once comfortable and tranquil silence inside the vehicle was now thrown to history and replaced by a dreadful Gehenna, one close to a surge in a winter storm with heavy pressure and wind one cannot resist.

It was nerve-racking, even for a man like Zien who's stunned by the atmosphere when he came in. He reined the appraisal of his raw curiosity to rise as he turned the wheels towards the curve.

Jin stares at the window beside him, and he presses himself more to the locked door on his side, silently calming himself and recalling the seemingly full of unforgettable episodes this day had brought him, his eyes scorching.

Every shop on sight from left to right where he was closely acquainted with move passed them in a wink. In the corner of his eyes, he glances over the driver's seat, where Zien was expertly maneuvering the wheels to their destined location, wherever on earth it might be.

Have they've been here before?

It was as if they have lived here long enough to work their way in.

How come they know his address?

The vacuity in his eyes grew. He was now neither focused on the roads they passed nor the path they are heading. He was staring at his faint pale reflection on the window as every structural building, small or tall, hauls and blurs in the background as the car catches its speed.

Fluttering his lashes numerous times, it brought him back to the 'now'. He then glances secretly towards the man beside him from the glass, his breath hitching at the memories flashing inside his head about their few shared intimacy together, as others may call it. Hiro was also in his own private bubble, his head and gaze fixated on the window to his side, his thoughts unreachable at the moment.

They sat about two arm's length away since his young chauffeur came in and they were swamped by the alarming silence without another word said.

He was beginning to feel carsick of just feeling the car's fluid movements above the road.

He usually hated car rides, but then he learned a way to cope with it, with the help of his mother, who he may say proposed that it was best for him to always stay on the front to counter his unknown phobia, and since then, he'll always head straight towards the front's passenger seat.

Well, today was an exception.

Look how the world is playing with him? He's seating right where it brings out the inborn demons with him.

It makes him awfully queasy.

He thinks fast of a better distraction before he'll throw up and ruin the car's grooming.

"Did you finish the errand you had to do?" Jin's voice was tiny as he was still hesitating. It might be offensive on Hiro's side to throw him personal questions.

He glances to his side, silently praying upon meeting Hiro's now twice as noticeable exhausted eyes above the horrible dark circles on his bag.

There was no sign of offense or transgress . . . only drowsiness.

He relaxes.

Hiro was seated far on the other side with his right leg crossed as he moves his head, nodding back at the little man. Unbeknownst, he was hiding and blocking the wildly growing canopy inside his trouser and boxer. He clenched his teeth, and his maleness painfully pulsed twice as a reply.

Jin frowns, worried sick, "I think you've worked hard enough." Too hard. He looks like hell and he's not even kidding.

Hiro looks far ahead, looking lost, "I had to." He was distracting himself.