Chapter 32

Jin blows a breath of relief as he perceives triumph inside his head when he catches him astonished with his lips slightly parted and eyes fluttering in appreciation towards him.

His big, warm, and callous hand grab his wrist forward, and his thumb and forefinger slowly rub against his delicate and small finger, kneading unto his skin and knuckles in a slow and agonizing circular motion.

Akin and sensitive to foreign sensations, a sanguine color crosses Jin's cheeks, his complexion flushing in bit red. His breath ceases, confused about what he's doing to him—of how he affects him.

When he looks up at the silent man, he caught him staring down at his finger that he's been continuously playing with, looking astonished and amused at the same time.

Upon feeling his intense gaze on him, Hiro peeks up at him through his unseen lashes without moving his head.

What is he doing?

And this mercurial man in front of him was now smiling in such a rare way, much more hypnotizing than the ones inside the elevator.

He smiled with the tip of his tongue bitten between his pearly white teeth. his dimples running deep, reaching his eyes and reddened ears.

He looks carefree, like a child.

And he wondered about the simple things that will bring out this other side of him . . . the possibilities are enormous and wide.

"You will return, not because you promised, but because you need to." He exhales, "There's a difference."

A difference?

Jin's baffled eyes blink up at him, and since their heads were leveled, he could easily and closely study his uneasy slate black eyes that are heeding to him.

He 'needs' to?

Jin blinks again, slowly nodding his head back at him. The only difference visible here is that he doesn't trust his pinky promise, or he has trust issues when he's exhausted.

"Tell me you will," he sternly warns.

Why is he so anxious about him not returning as promised?

He wouldn't blackmail him with his phone nor threaten him with it. His shoulders slump in defeat. Here he thought his childish promise was a way to reassure things to him. To show him that he was sincere and he cared. He pursed his lips at Hiro's grumpy expression.

Maybe he should just blackmail him with it. His phone must have important documents in it.

Hiro's fingers expertly move across his wrist then cascade down to spread the rest of his fingers open. His thumb pressed against the center of his pale white palm, causing him to flinch and bite his lip.

That felt . . . odd.

"I will!" he said in haste, "I already told you." Does he really doubt him despite the business they already negotiated?

Perhaps he gets too paranoid when he's exhausted.

Yes, maybe that's it. Classic men paranoia.

After studying him, he finally releases him. His hesitant fingers didn't escape his eyes.

______________

"Finally, look who decided to show up."

"It's nice to see you too, Ji-Hye." Jin gave his friends a small smile, extending his hand to Jihyuk, nudging him to turn in his bag, which he did without another word.

He's still upset, he knows it. He sighs.

His fingers grip the straps of his bag tightly, "I have some business to tend to. I'm sorry, but I really have to pass on karaoke."

He couldn't look at them straight in the eyes.

"And you'd just leave us hanging in here? Just like that? What's with you and the big guy?" Yeji said, gone her exasperating expressions and joking manner. She was grave, changing her gazes from him and the person far behind him.

They all do. Except for Jihyuk, who's been avoiding to meet his gaze since he left him hanging.

Jin looks back, and there's no doubting it, Hiro was staring intensely at them from afar.

He suddenly felt chills from his back.

Scary.

"Err, he's . . . Uhm . . . a new acquaintance of mine." Yes, that's it.

"Him?" Hesung sounded doubtful.

Is it really that unbelievable?

"And what brings him here?" asks Ji-Hye.

"I have something that belonged to him." 'Good one,' his subconscious sarcastically applauds.

'Now you're just feeding their interest more.'

"He's here because you have something that he has?" Hesung mutters in confusion.

"Exactly."

"That doesn't answer everything. How come you know him?" – Yeji.

"You've stolen something from him, did you?" Ji-Hye leans in, grasping both of his shoulders, shaking him slightly.

"What!?"

"What?!"

Jihyuk and Jin said in unison, stunned.

Jin wants to run his palms over his face.

"You did?" now Hesung's horrified, "Oh no . . ."

Yeji soothes him down, also frowning "He didn't deny it."

"Denying it! Definitely denying it!" Jin hastily objects, "I haven't stolen anything and didn't kill someone too."

His friends all breathe in relief. They're nuts.

What else exasperating is there to say and defend himself?

"So he's not slicing anyone's throat then." Yeji smiles at Hesung, calming him down.

Jin's brow arch. Why would he? His attention shifts back to Ji-Hye when she speaks.

"You mentioned you had something that belonged to him. What is it? Did you return it to him? Is that why he's here?"

Nothing really escapes her analyzability. It's almost as scary as the truth. He has no other option left but to nod, giving nothing much away. I'm sorry Ji-Hye, I can't tell you fully what it is, because if he does, no one can tell where he'd end up minutes from now.

Hopefully not detained.

He has to admit that idea was the mildest and simplest scenario he had in mind, far from the livid and seemingly injustice ones lined up.

"We'll see each other tomorrow. I'll make it up to you guys some other time." He hides his guilt. He has to go.

He bows at them and turns to leave, but someone held his bag, preventing him from taking another step forward.

"I'm coming with you."

It was Jihyuk.