Chapter 26

Hiro stepped on the brakes, giving much nothing away, and his impeccable yet lifeless eyes turned skeptical at the unfamiliar and vulnerable environment around him.

One leg after another, he leaped out of the driver's seat in a hurry and slammed the door quietly behind him.

His face remained impassive, his lips set on a thin and grim lime while his fingers fiddle against the button of his newly tailored suit to distract him from his spent thought--too spent to focus on his itchy palms.

An itch for a certain person's contingency.

His eyes were glowing with expectant whilst surveying every moving object or being in sight, dead or alive.

Even the slightest activity from the third floor inside the campus, across the wide soccer field, didn't escape from his sharp and piercing eyes.

Disappointment washes over him.

His impatient eyes then move over to his right-hand man, Shu, who stood steadily behind him. He also has his calculative eyes fixed around the area.

Hiro never felt more discouraged. This will do him no good. His men had not yet known what he looks like.

He stills and his forehead crease, his eyes burning a hole down at his polished shoes. He would not want such a thing to happen, would he?

It's . . . unpleasant.

After his brief argument to himself, his head finally inclined to focus on the present.

Where is he?

As Hiro's pupils and head turn and tilt from left to right, his unexpected presence had once again captured a few heads to turn towards his direction.

Even with his eyebrows furrowed and lips twisted, his incomparable charisma does its own work. Fueled by an exclusive trait he possesses--He, himself, is his own personal magnet to every living entity near him, swoon upon his mighty presence.

Shu and the rest of his allies spread across the area, patrolling and running a hasty security report for every possible disaster present. Their large number had garnered numbers of attention that made Hiro breathe in exasperation, distressed.

He purposely left the base as soon the distraction from his overwhelming thoughts was cut off.

He didn't put too much thought into wasting further of his energy on his own army of puppies—clothed in black puppies, who wags their tails in the slight lift of his finger.

Leave them be. Leave them be. He chants the mantra in his head.

He needs to find him. He narrows his eyes and wanders off.

Shun, Shu's brother, who is also responsible for the safety of the next lineage of the Woo family, shook his head, mirroring his comrades' and brother's disapproval expression.

This has to be one of the riskiest public presences their young master had in history, in fact, it's very usual for him to never agree of having one, but who would have thought that his bare self, unguarded and distracted, would be seen out in the public streets of Hongwon?

Did the moon finally collide with its lover? What the actual fucking phenomenon is this?

"Vren says the percentage is below average. Just a few cellular phones and cameras that are in need to dispose," His assistant man at hand's voice blared out from his earpiece.

Technology and media. Hmm . . . not a very welcoming combination.

They all raise their eyes and foreheads at the five-story building in front of them, along with the other three from a very short distance.