Chapter 56.2 (Part 2)

When Asami gave the silent young man a sideways glance, she saw the conflicted look trapped inside his impatient slate black eyes as if he was suffering from a dilemma. Her lips thinned, trying to figure out what this young one is thinking about, "Possibly?"

My, my, what a response, by chance what could be troubling him at this hour? Don't they click well enough?

Asami leans to the table as she calmly places her hand on her waist as her other is placed flatly on the table's surface, supporting her weight as she faces him. No matter how much she looks at him, his behavior somehow resembles someone he knew, "Don't you two like each other?"

Was she wrong to have thought that 'someone' she's referring to is an eight years old boy from their neighborhood?

Hiro's intense gaze towards Jin's door thaws from sharp ice splinters to dandelions softly dancing with the wind in the open meadow in a split second, warm with hidden affection only he knew, "I do . . . " And his voice sound lost in melancholy, waiting and anticipating for the doorknob to twist and spit Jin out.

Five more minutes . . . He breathes out the uneasy and heavy sensation slowly filling his chest.

It's suffocating . . . He thought so.

Just a bit more.

He'll wait for another five minutes.

Asami felt extremely relieved at his response. It was beyond what she expected. It's heartwarming to know there isn't any hostility present between the two of them, "And what about Jin?"

She knows her son wouldn't hold grudges and thus already know the answer to her question, but Asami tilts her head, mystified at the sudden change in his mood and expression.

More importantly . . .

Is that a frown she sees?

A frown that surprisingly melted the stoic and cold displayed expression on his face.

But now he looks rather . . . a bit blue.

Hiro clears his throat, looking away from the door, a little startled and upset, "Possibly . . . "

He doesn't know. He doesn't want to know.

His slate black eyes darken even more, anxious and fearful enough to know the truth.

Because if Jin doesn't, who knows what destruction will fall upon him.

Asami wants to slap herself seeing how depressed the air around him has fallen. And why oh why does he sound hesitant? Perhaps he didn't get the hint?

After a little while, the distressing expression the young man wore vanishes and hardens into an expressionless figure, eyes empty and quiet.

Is that how bad their relationship is? But how could it be? It couldn't possibly be that way, not after seeing how lenient and docile they were towards one another. Are they not on good terms?

Did she miss something?

"Was there a chance that I made you uncomfortable?" Asami clenches her waist with her fingers and her nails painfully dug into her flesh beneath the clothes she wore, but she knew the punishment has to be more than that. She closed her eyes briefly, dismayed of whatever mistake she has done as her brows frown in worry when it took him a little while to respond, and when he did he was back sounding indifferent and stern. What a peculiar child.

"No."

She ended up receiving a firm answer from him and for a moment, she felt that talking to him almost felt like talking to her subordinates at work. But she finds his strange and distant behavior somehow acceptable.