Chapter 18 (special)

Meanwhile, amidst the cold night, on the fourth floor inside one of the ample rooms in CheN Duplex apartment, the loud yet muffled murmurs and weighted footsteps had caused the entire neighborhood floor to pop their heads out of their doors, curious about the rowdy and gruesome noises bouncing and echoing in the quiet hallway.

A little boy had his fingers wrapped around his mother's left hand as his mother opened the door wide when they suddenly heard the rumbling noises outside. It interrupted their goodnight's sleep.

"Eomma (mom), what's happening?"

Rubbing his sleepy eyes, he rested his head against the side of his mother's thighs, his adorable eyes finally surrendering as they closed in defeat. He should have stayed with his dada in bed.

A woman, barely in her twenties, pushes her glasses up. She settles her eyes on the middle-aged woman and her son in front of her. They have been living in the apartment across from hers for almost a year already. Her eyes focused on the drowsy little boy in his blue whale pajamas that seemed to be too big for him to fit.

The child's mother had the same baffled expression on her face as they both turned their heads to the door right next to her room. She had been studying for her finals this semester, yet the loud banging she heard from her room was a splendid distraction.

*Thud* *Thud* "ARF!ARF!!ARUFFRUFF!!"

There it goes again. The gruesome noise has once again caused displeasure on their face. Seriously, is it that day of the month? It's finally happening again.

_________________

A loud bark from a small creature echoed in the whole apartment as it dashes towards the corner like his life depends on it, his little legs filthy and greasy from wet soil at the same time, two heavy footsteps trailed and chased him down as if he was a criminal in need to be evicted.

The couch was tainted with the creature's tiny paw prints, pillows scattered on the floor, a blanket was crumpled, lying down on the other corner full of scratches and bite marks, and a broken pot can be seen in the distance. The loud sound from the TV blast the entire room as it seems to be the only object untouched, flawless, and still working fine as it is.

"Would you stop---" Jihyuk paused and shut his eyes and lips tight.

His whole face winces in pain, quietly cursing inside his head when he stumbles and slips onto the disarrayed carpet on the floor with his own two feet. He has been running in circles for an hour already and has yet to have his desired dinner for the night.

"Ggrhhrrrrrrrr, RUFF! RUFRUFRARRRRUF!" Mochi's high-pitched bark caused him to rise in rage and glared at the little creature that seemed to be laughing back at him. Taking one step closer, he successfully cornered the trouble-maker, his dreadful guest for this evening.

Mochi's tiny fangs were already visible, his nose scrunched as he continuously barked at him.

That doesn't frighten him, not even a bit. Unbothered and pissed, Jihyuk's cold eyes bore into Mochi's head. He extends his arm and lends out Mochi's bowl from his hand. There was only half of the dog food left from what he originally served him and the sight of it alone angered Mochi more.

"Don't look at me like that," uttered Jihyuk. He stood straight, hands on his waist. His face grim and dark, "You messed up my house, made me chase you all the way here, and still dared to glare at me," Jihyuk's amused smirk dropped. No, he's not entertained about it at all. His head shook in disbelief. What a headache.

He took his gray shirt off by grabbing the wet material from his back before pulling it across his head. He then tosses it to the couch, his eyes scanning his entire apartment.

Two words, a catastrophe.

He needs to call a cleaner, a.s.a.p.

It's worse than he thought. He blew a loud breath, sticking his tongue out to trace his upper lip, hating how it tasted salty with his sweat.

"Should you pay for the damages?" asks Jihyuk, his sweat dripping from his creased forehead, all the way down to his sharp nose, his body moist due to heat. His now messed-up house was an eyesore for a neat freak like him.

He sat down on the floor, his arms resting on his bent knees as he groans, irritated as he ruffles his wet hair. He needs to shower. He felt sticky.

"If Jin were to know about this," Jihyuk tilted his head slightly and looked over the angry dog from his side with a cold smile on his lips, "Which side do you think he'd defend?"

He's confident. If this is war, then he'd be more than happy to boast who Jin favors between them. He, too, does not like the way Jin spoils this little devil.

After hearing his statement, Mochi froze from his place, his temper rising to the extent. How dare this hooman!

Why must he be punished to be with this pathetic guy in one place?

Why must the world abhor him with betrayal? How unfortunate of him to come to meet such cruel hooman. He thought they're all beautiful and compassionate beings...until he met him. A psychopath he must say, a two-faced hooman with an unknown dark entity's soul within him.

Jihyuk rises from sitting on the floor to look for a spare towel. He just can't stand the heat anymore. Before leaving, he glances at Mochi one last time, which now has a troubled expression on his face.

"If you'd be nicer to me in front of Jin, I might not snitch you this time."

Well, he does love Jin's comforting arms after he comes to him about Mochi's rude behavior. It's a win-to-win situation for him, but Mochi seems to be clueless about that.

Mochi huffs loudly and turns his head to the other side, rejecting his offer. Ha, I'm not falling for that!

"Fine then, I guess I'll be more than willing to sleep in his room again—"

*Snap*

Mochi's patience cracked. He zooms towards Jihyuk, jumps high, and bites off his junior.

"FUCK!" yells Jihyuk.

Mochi's teeth grind against the large object between his teeth, barely able to fit his small jaw.

Mochi: Ack...Why must this human be big?