Chapter 83: Promise

"Don't leave me."

Hiro murmurs in his unusual baritone and groggy voice, gone his tender and sweetened words.

Its resonant hugs Jin's ears and Jin flinches as it vibrates all the way down to his nervous heart like it was trying to reach out to him.

He swallows down his saliva as his heart heavies and clenches painfully inside his chest, completely melting at his painful cry.

"Kajima (Don't go) . . . Don't leave me."

Hiro repeatedly wails out the same mantra over and over until his arms that were already wrapped around him tighten even more—tighter where even he can feel how pressed their bodies were.

"Hiro wait." He calls out, worried.

Instead of listening to him, the man's stubborn hands gripped him firmly under his clothes, shake his head, and refused him with a firm 'no'.

It was as if he was determined to never let him go.

"You can't, Jin-ah."

His voice sounded hopeless and . . . hurt and all Jin could do was bite his lips and endure the continuous numbing pain in his chest.

His heart hurts as it couldn't stand seeing him like this.

Why is he acting like this?

"Please." Hiro pleads to him again, pushing his despondent face to the side of his head.

The same shivering boy Jin held a while ago was back, but this time, he can sense a familiar drastic fear and animosity within him.

His dark and obscure pupils were twitching as they look down unto his, beseeching to hear him out.

And Jin heard him.

He slowly cups the man's face, "Breathe, Hiro. Breathe." He murmurs softly to him and rubs his thumb gently across Hiro's damp cheeks.

Hiro parts his lips and breathes noisily as he's told between his low sobs.

The young fellow's eyes soften as he repeatedly consoled the unstable man before him, "Hush now. Why are you crying?" Even the warm air fanning against his skin from his moist lips was shivering.

He's just too soft, at this point he's assuming Hiro also has heart complications like his.

Such a cry baby he indeed is.

Jin studies the way the man's lids close, expecting more of his cold touch, and the way his lips trembled in anticipation.

With a small warm smile over his lips, he swept Hiro's hair back and leans in, pressing his lips slowly against the warm skin of his forehead and then traveling down to the tip of his ever-so-pointed nose.

Unconditionally, he's in awe of him.

Even though he has seen the same phenomenon twice this day, he doesn't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.

From one in a millionth, Hiro actually had an idea of what was going on—he's aware of the possibilities of what's going to happen to them both.

But a small part of him hoped, he doesn't.

That he'd remained the same stubborn man who'd coaxed him enough to not care for anyone. That at least one of them would stay from another level.

Maybe if he does that, it wouldn't hurt that much to turn his back on him.

"You're not playing fair," Jin adds, his voice dejected. Hiro always wasn't. Nothing's working as he expected.

If Hiro looks at him with those broken and crestfallen eyes of his, he viewed that were once stern and assertive.