Chapter 23

"Tell me what you know." The old man said. It was only natural of him to. How many hours has it been since the time of their arrival?

They accessed the base early four in the morning and have missed the happenings from the previous hours before their arrival.

Yet amidst it all,

The old man sat there, relaxed with a hint of amusement written all over his usually stiff face as if the scene in front of him was more spectacular than the latest reports from the empire presented by his secretary before him.

Dong Yu pushes his glasses up, his eyes finally leaving the sight of the terrible nightmare before his eyes he did not dare to look any longer, "The young master attended his training two hours late."

His eyes couldn't bulge wider looking at the timer from the overlooking screen at the other end of the large field.

"But his training is overdue ten hours."

The young master's tyranny was a summary of twelve hours and thirty-five minutes. The worst part is that it seems the hourglass would still run a mile for him. He was getting dizzy trying to sight the tall figure through the dark field, his eyes failing to follow its tremendous speed.

It looks like the young master has no intention of stopping his frenzy yet.

"Overdue, you say? Let's call it an extensive training." He sees no problem with the thirst for growth and power fueling his grandson's potential.

"But master...your men."

The old man raises his hand to silence him, "Let it slide for now. The child's having fun."

For the love of God and anything good and holy, aside from getting free drinks and a meal set served by the attendants walking from bench to bench, which part of the graveyard looked fun?

This surpassed the time limit of the training he had scheduled. Other than the fact it was worse than the young master's previous record, it wasn't as terrifying as it is now that the field was like a bloodbath.

As the wind bristles through the trees, the air was horrible and almost poisonous to bear for another hour. The corpses were starting to rot. One among the massive river of dead bodies belonged to the young master's thirteenth trainer.

All Dong Yu could do was to hold on to his sanity. This was not part of the contract the unfortunate man signed. As the headmaster's secretary, he's sure the task of explaining such tragedy to the person's family and the public will weigh his shoulders.

From the recent events he has seen. Never had he personally witnessed brutality at its highest peak as a decent person his parents raised him. He couldn't count how many sins has he committed from feigning ignorance of such remorseless killing.

It was like the lives in front of them were toyed like insects.

How much more will he stay here?

Shouldn't the old Yama king be leaving for his appointment with the general? An hour already has passed since the said meet-up began. That explains the continuous calls he has been receiving.

Aside from the dark presence present in the field, all he could see and sense clearly was the fear from the young master's opponent fighting his life against him, foolish enough to assume he could equal his strength and speed just like each and every one that was brought to the ground before him.

"Loosen up Kai, wouldn't you want to accompany your grandfather to lunch?" The old man spoke against the small microphone chip of his personalized watch.

With this, his voice will be directed to the young master's earpiece on the battlefield, and as everyone thought it was finally over when the young man had paused. They all slump their back in defeat against their seats upon seeing the young man brush off his grandfather's warm invitation by detaching his earpiece and tossing it away like it was worth nothing as much as what he heard.

How can such person maintain smooth spatial point despite hours, no, half a day already passed without rest and a meal? He was like an immortal beast bringing destruction on his way, thirsty for hunting and slaying any helpless prey he'll lay his eyes on, like a dangerous predator in his hunt season.

Dong Yu could only shut his eyes upon seeing another opponent was down on his knees, the sharp sword pierced through the person's chest and when he opened his eyes, the person's head fell to the dirty ground before its body slumped next to it. His breathing turned heavy.

Another one down.

Forty-eight to go.

He excused himself to the restroom. His gruesome expression turned worst after passing by the group of men who worked solely for the young master. They were on the other benches eating their meals, cheering internally for their leader with smiles crossing their faces.

How could they digest their food with that on sight?

Dong Yu hurried away. He can't take any more of this. He's on the brink of puking out what he ate last dinner.

Standing there, with rigid eyes, Hiro looks down unto his unmoving opponent's body on the ground. He breathes out. The calmness of his expression was indeed alarming despite the lives he had ended, but nothing felt worse than the betrayal and neglect lurking within him that no one else alive around him is able to understand what he's restraining.

Moreover, a faint voice was continuously chanting in his head, deteriorating his peace of mind.

More...

The voice was getting louder and clearer, but neither did that cause Hiro to listen. His hand and instincts moved alongside his emotions. He was grieving, in a state of distress and his mind was in chaos.

He never felt disregarded by someone all his life until he is now. He hated the bitter taste of it at the tip of his tongue.

For the first time, he was able to feel irritated.

His teeth grind against each other, slowly letting the heavy object slip from his glove. He started walking towards where his butler has been standing, beside the exclusive first-row seat at the other corner.

What was it?

What did he do that was so wrong for him to be easily forgotten? Was it the way he handled speech?

Was he too formal?

Perhaps that's it, no?

He does not know what that little fellow's thoughts of him were.

The sword naturally fell from his grip and as unfortunate as it can be its sharp tip landed and pierced right through a random corpse's eyeball.

The corpse awfully died twice.

Dong Yu came back and witnessed that on time. He gripped the paper bag in his hands and puked his guts out. With weakened knees, he walks back to his master's side.

Hiro passed through the corpses around him without an ounce of guilt and remorse. Step after step, the sound of his boots against the ground echoed in the quiet morning, too depressing and horrid for anyone to approach him.

There was neither sweat visible nor was exhaustion seen from looking at him. There was only rage, frustration, and confusion on his immaculate face, causing everyone's curiosity to arise.

For a brief moment, they have seen his eyes turning red.

So the speculations that were going around were true. The young mater was indeed upset.