Chapter 28

Jin took a massive breath, the edges of his eyes expanding—widening in surprise. His pupils aim at Hiro's hollowed expression, whose lifeless eyes are as unresponsive as the mysterious persona he hides within him.

Then he heavily shifts his gaze towards the person behind him, Jihyuk wearing his rare blazing eyes.

And he can feel the majestic cold crisp running slowly on his fingertips to his arms, spreading wide all over his body. The taste of the atmosphere is dreadful.

Its smell is poisonous—alarming.

No, it turns out these two shared a past together, and Jin wondered how bad it was that brought them to this state—intense with raw rage, especially the respectable man who has been keeping his lips sealed in front of them, patiently waiting.

But he can fully sense the fury inside his eyes. He's beyond displeased, as well as whomever James bond movie the guy standing behind him stepped out. With the sight of them both alone, anyone could mistake them for attending someone's funeral.

It's not, right? He hopes so.

Jin parts his lips in hopes to speak and break the uncomfortable silence until he was interrupted by a loud scream from afar—a familiar one that's calling out his name, and he never wished in his life that he's better off hidden under the ground than being above here present to handle such distressing life situations.

His friends, Ji-Hye and Yeji, who have her arm draped over Hesung's neck, came running towards their direction, stepping on the brakes with their mouths wide open as they reach them.

"Yah . . ." Ji-Hye whispered. Her eyes were wide—like the ones usually in her reading glasses while her fingers pinched Yeji's chubby waist as the three of them bows.

"Annyeonghaseyo (Hello) ," They said in unison.

Jin surveys them and it seems that their attention has now been diverted. Oh, would they please not make it more obvious? He sighs. He understands their exasperating reactions.

Well, the same thing happened to him—though it seems like Hiro has this effect on anybody.

It's already proven at some point.

Drifting his thoughts back to reality, Jin nervously glances up and gauges Hiro's reaction. Hoping it's not as worst as he thought it would be, knowing very well that he's the type of person who's very reserved.

To sum it all, he might hate the sight of unfamiliar faces.

It's all in his package, heavy with a huge fragile sticker on all sides, and he just might consider putting one on his forehead.

What greeted Jin was the odd serenity inside his dark and beautiful eyes that's already staring back at him when they met his anxious ones.

His odd calmness brought his heart to stop for a second.

He can sense a storm is coming.

Like what happened earlier, Hiro didn't respond yet again nor even gave the others a side glance. It was offensive, but he understand. Their lifestyles gaps were farther than heaven and earth.

Hiro has his boundary lines around him, and yet, somehow it made him happy that he somewhat successfully managed to pass those thick lines. Though he has turned a blind eye to the warning signs surrounding it—surrounding him.

He hoped it wasn't red and blacks that were trying to wave him out because it looks like he barged in unannounced. He's worried about what Hiro thought about all of this.

Worst Hiro might have misinterpreted him for trying to push himself in with a hidden agenda.

Jin shakes his head and gulps his gathered saliva. Be positive! It's not like he's going to kill you . . . would he? "What brings you here . . ." He trails off, trying to find the right word, ". . . Hyung?"