Chapter 98: Safe in His Embrace

Amidst the viciousness of the silence settling everyone's senses to go blank, the entire lineage stiffens on their seats upon the abyssal nightfall staring back at them, blinding them with the darkness that begins to surround the room.

They hold onto their seats tightly as they feel and sense its vivid angst, driving them weak and vulnerable in their respective places.

Hiro turns with a clear warning engraved around every single fawn in the room as he leaves through the entrance they entered five minutes ago. His expression was unreadable.

Jin felt the coldness start to drift farther away from embracing him. His tense shoulders eventually fall to rest as the last shudder feebly escapes his lips.

"Mianhae . . ." (I'm Sorry) Hiro constantly whispers close to him. His voice was trembling in deep concern, and his desperate steps zoomed to pace.

"Kai!"

It was Mr. Harashi who yelled.

Feigning to be deaf Hiro's strides persisted to travel forth, bypassing the commotion that garnered behind him as soon as his destructive presence left the room.

Shu obliges to follow his master quietly, astonished that the venue was unscathed with everyone's limbs untouched.

Jin's pupils quiver beneath his lids. He moans very softly and lifts his head, pushing himself to open his eyes.

They were ten meters and counting away from the entrance. Despite his indistinguishable vision, he can see transparent mists rushing out of the doorless room. That's how alarmingly cold it was there.

He breathes out in neither disbelief nor relief. Hiro was back to strolling while bringing him to the empty west hallway they pass on earlier.

He meets his mother's eyes with the distance between them enlarging. She mouths 'I love you' to him silently with her worried smile plastered on her face and her hands placed on Mr. Harashi's chest.

It looks like she was preventing him from approaching them.

He turns his weakened gaze to the preoccupied man before him.

Hiro's face was empty without a single expression shown. His eyes were dim and different. Rather seeing its accustomed gentleness, they carried great coldness and remoteness.

"I'm on your way, am I?" He whispers and shoves his face to the side of Hiro's head, who flinches and stops on his tracks upon his movement.

Hiro heavily shifts his eyes down.

"You didn't have to leave because of me," Jin added. Hiro's peers and family are waiting for him back in the room. His frown deepened. It was already too burdensome of him to be carried all the way here, and now he didn't want to order him against his will.

Kai's dangerous thoughts that once clouded his head dispersed to thin air as his face eventually softened upon hearing his statement paired with his compelling delicate voice. He breathes in his comforting scent, "Don't strain yourself." He says, discreetly rubbing his face to Jin's. The heavens know he didn't want to stay either.

Jin listened to his calm breathing as he felt him pacing forth again with Shu Ahjussi trailing them far behind at a clear distance.

"Don't you want to be with your family?"

He squeezes his cheek lazily against his, and his weak arms cocoon around his neck carefully.

"I already am," replied Hiro with a timid smile.

You are my family.

Jin's slightly shaking pupils glance towards the entrance and finds no one before his gaze lowers to the austere marble floor beneath them to the red streaks on Hiro's ears.