Chapter 12

Akashi clears his throat upon feeling two keen eyes staring holes into his head. He shifts his eyes towards the elevator when he hears it opening, revealing a young waitress with a total of five menus in her hands.

As the young and fair maiden approached their table, she passed out the menus to their guests, and she could only hope they did not wait long enough. Asami nods her head, thanking the waitress before probing her eyes towards the unending list of different meals from different cuisines in the menu her hands held. She was busy searching over he son's favorite delicacies on the lists, causing what Akashi had said to slip out of her head.

The soft sound from the piano keys riffles and dances around the room, Asami's pair of eyes were fixated on the menu, unaware of the eyes of the man beside her that's glaring towards the person seated across them.

The poor young gentlemen had received a glare from his beloved father.

When Akashi sights his father's grim expression, he can already hear his father's harsh nagging once they'll be out of this restaurant for good. What a cruel world. He just suffered from jetlag yesterday, yet no one had warmly welcomed him at his own home, and now it seems that his family had held a grudge against him tonight.

Mrs. Saesang's warm greeting and praises from a while ago had filled that missing piece within him and from that moment on, he strongly approved with her from being a widow to being a part of their family.

With her and his adorable son around the house, it will give him enough motivation to return here to Korea on every holiday there is on the calendar. They both just might be the people he could rely on in the future upon stumbling across his family's horrible temper issues.

Akashi sighs as he nods his head back at his father. His oath to keep his mouth shut for the entire evening intensifies.

Thinking about that, he suddenly got chills as the memory from earlier replayed fresh in his mind. He shakes his head. He's sure their grandfather would be surprised as much as him if he were to witness his brother's unimaginable and oddest behavior at this time of the year.

Well, he'd never seen him so stiff and...nervous.

What are the odds? He didn't know Kai was capable of feeling flustered as he was more like a programmed bot from his lab. It's a refreshing sight to see.

At least he was able to prove his brother was able to feel normal human emotions.

Meanwhile, inside the elevator, as the cold air bounced around the dark metallic walls, the smell of both mint and disinfectant gratifies Jin's nostrils. He forced his eyes to open, but unlike the last second he had remembered before his head started throbbing, his vision wasn't as blurry as it was from the earlier incident.

Jin bats his lashes. The close-up view of an expensive cloth material he had only seen in dramas was the first one to greet his sight together with an unfamiliar manly fragrance that completely woke him up from his short yet deep sleep.

He had wondered why his head was blank when he passed out, yet he was thankful that he had opened his eyes before he'll be caught up again in another nightmare. Those short minutes were the best to happen to him in his lifetime. It was like feeling his body submerge into the water, the silence and darkness comforting him to sleep.

He had never felt so secure and safe in his life. Like when he wakes up, nothing could ever go wrong or go on his bad side. His frail body had the merit to the numbness he felt all over him. Soon enough, he was alarmed by the strong embrace he's starting to feel around his waist, squeezing, holding him firmly, and pushing his body against something hard.