Chapter 16

Crossed legs with one arm spread across the backrest of the couch while the other was on his thighs, Hiro was seated comfortably, like he had not carried any worries in the world and Jin just watched the untroubled man in disbelief.

"Why do you want me to keep it?" How can this man place so much trust in him?

Hiro stared at Jin's confused amethyst eyes. This little fellow sure likes asking questions. Well, he'd be disappointed if he wouldn't, "Because you can. Take good care of it until I make up my mind when to fetch it back," said Hiro as he rose from his seat.

It should be a good excuse to see him again.

This little man may not be aware of it, but he can hear his stomach growling from the distance for a while now. He does not need to question this little fellow, for not only Jin's upset at him, but it also seems that his stomach was pissed as well. How daring.

Then they shouldn't stay further if that's the case, "Shall we head back? Do you want me to carry you?"

Jin deliberately shakes his head. He hated the sound of it, "I can walk," stubbornly he opposed, brooding with confidence, Jin's fear was long gone.

Letting Hiro carry him is the last thing he wants. He puts Hiro's phone inside his coat, it should be safe here, before slowly rising from his seat. Whoever the caller might be, he'd pray and apologize in the man's stead instead.

Surprisingly his daring behavior had managed to entertain Hiro.

Without too much thought, Hiro walked towards him and held his arm. He pulled his body up and supported him as if he was a disabled person, causing Jin's brow to arch.

Look who's getting too comfortable. "You'd let me walk, would you?"

Hiro nods his head at him without hesitation, "I don't see why not."

He's not too bad after all. Jin nods his head in agreement, but after one step after another, Hiro's hand is still firmly holding him as they walk side by side with Hiro, mimicking his unhurried and small footsteps.

Unusually not feeling like himself, Jin was impatient and a little pissed. He lifts his head high and daringly looks at the man beside him straight in the eyes as if he's the last person he wants to be with even if the world is ending. Who wouldn't be this irked? He thought they negotiated well, "Excuse me, your hand."

Seriously, what is wrong with this man?

Hiro shifts his eyes from Jin to his hand that's gripping around Jin's arm, then back at Jin again, clueless.

This time, Jin's lips thinned, "You said you'd let me go," Jin couldn't bring himself to smile any longer under such a frustrating situation he's in that doesn't seem to end. He was polite enough and endured every second the very moment this man carried him to this room. He's not sure if he could still keep his temper calm like the waves as he always does, but how ironic is it that he felt the surging storm within him, gone the refreshing breeze instead replaced by a wild typhoon.

Honestly, he never met such an infuriating person like him.

"I never mentioned that, I only remembered saying I'd let you walk," replied Hiro, unbothered.

Yes! Exactly! "Then why won't you let me?"

Hiro scans him from head to toe, "Aren't you walking perfectly fine now? I never said I'd let you without my assistance." He might stumble and fall, and it would bring him further injuries. If that's the case, this little fellow could no longer persuade him not to take him to the nearest hospital.

Jin's small jaw almost dropped to the floor again at his statement, yet he restrains himself and is forced to breathe in all the positivity in the world and filled his head with pastries, rainbows, and Mochi's face to calm himself.

After moving on successfully without further argument, they both stood in front of the elevator as the awkward and long silence embraced them both. Jin stood there, his arm and shoulder held up high as he cursed inside his head.

He was restraining his sharp tongue to come at the man as he stared at the closed silver doors of the elevator when Hiro pressed the down arrow button. They both wait for the elevator to pick them up whilst surviving under the deafening silence between them.

"You know I can manage on my own," said Jin to start a conversation and break the seemingly unending silence.

"I never asked," replied Hiro casually, but after hearing his self say that, his nose scrunched. Unintentionally it appeared too bland and cold as he was not used to casual conversations. He looked over the silenced person beside him in the corner of his eyes. He cleared his throat and looked away.

Surely that doesn't mean this little sprout despised him now, no?

When the elevator doors open, they both walk in.

Does he? Surprisingly the unanswered question bothered Hiro's peace of mind. After much consideration to Jin's personal space, Hiro's fingers loosened around Jin's arm gently, and as expected, it turned out to be another excuse. Hiro could perfectly see Jin enduring to keep poise, but hurting his little ego was the last thing Hiro wanted, so he pretends to see nothing and just quietly watch him from his peripheral vision.

"You told me you're a university student," He has a sharp memory. He remembered Jin mentioning he is.

Jin glances sideways before returning his sight to the number that's continuously decreasing from the small screen above the closed doors. He pinched his thumb with his fingers, getting impatient, "I am."

Now's the chance. It's only fair if he'd ask him a question after answering his, "Do you not work, Hyung?" asks Jin.

Hiro shoves his hands inside the pocket of his trousers, his unseen fist clenching. He stole one swift glance on the little man beside him and ran his wet tongue between his lips. He moves half a step forward and closer to him, his eyes heavily checking the camera surveillance in the upper corner of the cramped elevator.

He made sure he was blocking Jin from its sight before opening his mouth. "Not really."

Half of it was true, but he does not consider it as work for income rather he was entitled to take over on his own will, but there's no way he would speak about that matter with anyone, not even his own family.

"I'm a university student myself as well."

Author's Note:

Next chapter up tomorrow~ 

IG: daniel_blake.zd

You can also follow me on my other IG account: m_trishangg

Happy tuesday everyone~

Spread love, no hate, stay hydrated~