12

Bondita had some time to kill now that Aniruddh was busy.
She went downstairs to now properly greet everyone. She was surrounded by women who she didn't recognise more than her family. She wanted out. Polite smiling and small conversation could only be tolerable for so long. And it just so happened that Chandrachur was passing by.

" Jamai babu..." She might have called him a bit too excitedly. 

Chandrachur had seen Bondita at his wedding and had almost regretted getting married to the girl he was about to be bound for life. He did not have a very direct conversation with Bondita other than a few rituals and exchange in the name of jija- sali banter. And she was not the only sali there.

And though she was surrounded by a swarm of women there was no doubt that she out shone them. She was beautiful to start with and adorned with best jewelry and clothes, much higher in quality and taste than the ones surrounding her. Yes...her beauty had gained his attention. But there was just something about her. She was the only one laughing, showing her beautiful smile for all to see in a gathering where women hid even a slightest curve of their lips behind their drapes. Where everyone was busy holding their sarees in place while making a show of dancing in name of celebration and rituals, she was the who had made moves that had people gapping with pleasent shock and had him awake for nights that followed.

He was smitten was an understatement. And before the wedding was even over he had had his friends collect all information on her. He knew the thoughts he was having right now, while his own wedding, about some other girl was downright rotten of him and he had no objections. He had had a number of women before, in a way not to be bragged about in decent company, but he had wanted no one more than this girl.
Woman.

She was married, no surprise there given the sindoor on her forehead, and it mattered to him not. What he wanted with her was not going to be hindered by the fact that she had a husband. He was a filthy, filthy minded man who knew his way around about how to get what he wanted from women and there marriage status had never stopped him before. Blackmail, fear of society, money...he knew his ways.

And instead of focusing on the fact that he was performing rituals with Tapur, he was happy with the fact that she was closely related to Tapur. He was going to be a ghar jamai, he knew that and now was happier about the arrangement. He would be able to see Bondita often. She lived in the neighbouring village. He had been happy, very happy about it till he learnt the name of her husband. Barrister Aniruddh Roy Chowdhury. It was a name people did not tread with lightly in this part of Bengal. He did not need to exert his brain to remind himself of the Barrister's accomplishments to understand that any step taken towards his wife would land him in troubles he would not like to think off.
He was in a sour mood for the whole evening after that.

Bondita got up from between her company and moved towards Chandrachur adjusting the pallu of her saree, trying not to make it obvious. Oh but it did not go unnoticed by Chandrachur. He let his eyes greedily slip from her curved lips to her slightly uncovered shoulder which she was fixing and finally resting on the slight curve of her waist peeking from her saree. His eyes held expression Bondita was too naive to instantly understand.

" I didn't get a chance to meet you...! How are you ? What are you doing these days ? I hope you are taking good care of my Tapur like you promised !!" She was all smiles.

" Every thing is good now that you are here...!" He replied " your jamai babu missed you dearly " he couldn't help but add. " Sali sahiba !" He inunciated giving the illusion he was entertaining the fun aspect of their jija sali relationship. He was allowed to friendly flirt with her in a very subtle way, the social customs allowed it.  Sali aadhi gharwali. How he wanted to make it true !