109

Batuk was not a child anymore. He knew to never enter his Boudi's room without knocking. But what to do when the door was ajar with his Dada sleeping on her lap with his arms around her in the middle of the room ? That was impossible to avoid.

Bondita felt a presence and lifted her head up, fingers halting that had been going through her Pati Babu's hair pushing him to sleep. Batuk. Why ? Why ? Why ? This won't turn out to be good. Anyone else in his place would have left quitely but he was not anyone else. A devilish smile formed on his face as he entered tiptoeing.

" Oohhoo..." He whispered. " You have two babies to handle today."

" Batuk...shhhh..." Bondita showed him her warning eyes. " They will wake up."

" And...?"

" What and ?"

" What is the problem if they wake up ? Shashwati will go to her mother and Dada too would sleep a little straighter."

" No....you...you go."

" Just say you don't want him to go." He whispered bending over them as Bondita kept a hand on her Pati Babu's left ear.

" What ? What are you saying ?" Bondita felt like melting with shame at the suggestive comment but still maintained her eye contact. " Why would I want that ?"

Batuk took the unflinching eyes of Bondita as a challenge. Any other girl being caught like this by her Devar would have hidden her face, lowered her eyes. Well, that could be arranged. " Probably for the same reason you threw yourself at him in the rain."

It took a while for Bondita to understand him and when she did... " I... I..." Her lips were not forming words. He...saw that ? He saw that ??!!??!

" I... I..." He copied her and she lowered her eyes.

There...his ever bold Boudi, had no place to even look at now.

It had been raining and he had wanted to go out with his friends. He would have gone straight out had he not seen Koyeli running away as if she had seen a ghost. Just out of curiosity he had walked towards the aangan right in time to watch Bondita turn towards his desperate looking, or that it felt from the distance, Dada making him almost fall. But this time his Dada didn't push her away, instead held her tight. This had made Batuk turn around and walk away without disturbing them, not as if they were aware of their surroundings any away.

" Please...just for a moment..."  Aniruddh heard Bondita's pleading voice and that was all he needed. She was vulnerable. They both were. He had no idea when he lifted her, when he moved but he found himself entangled with her with no wish to be freed anytime soon. It was not the cold drops beating on his skin that was giving him the goosebumps, it was her trembling little fingers on his chest, on his skin over the drenched shirt. And he was not liking that bare barrier.

" Please..." He heard her mumble again.

" Bondita..." Her waist was so tiny compared to his arms that held her by it. She was so small. She had grown a little but not as much as he had expected. Maybe...due to her pregnancy...he didn't know. He was no expert and was just thinking along the line of things he had heard around. Her height allowed her now to just place her ear right over his heart without much difficulty or need for him to bend much. Easy enough for her to kiss his heart...if she wanted to...  " What...?"  He whispered as he held the nape of her neck and made her look up. " Please what...?" He wanted to hear. He wanted to know what she was feeling in this moment. He was sure it was not just love this time. He understood the way her body was reacting to him, the rain, the emotions... Maybe even she didn't know what she was feeling. He wanted to make sure before assuming her thoughts... " What...?"