125

" I am begging you."

Anirudh looked at the crocodile tears of the woman sitting in front of him. A large, thick file in his hands as he flipped through it. " Be more specific." He said not bothering to look up.

" Look."

" I can't. The contents of this file are so... capturing." He smiled.

" Why are you doing this ?" The man sitting beside the woman asked.

This faded the smile off Aniruddh's face. " To teach your son the lesson you forgot to teach."

" These things happen. And you shot him. It is even now." He seemed to want to talk more when he saw Barrister Babu open his draw and pull out his gun. He placed it on the table.

" Yes. With this very gun. "

Chandrachur's father cleared his throat. " He can't walk properly anymore."

" He should not be able to reproduce anymore." Aniruddha saw Chandrachur's mother hiding her face. " What are you shy about now ? Don't you know what your son did ? You are feeling uncomfortable just by a few words that are not even that indecent. Just imagine how my wife felt when your son..." Aniruddha managed to stop.

" Like my husband said Barrister Babu. These things happen. He, he is a man. You know such mistakes..."

" Mistakes ? He sat there in the bathroom as she entered. Waiting. He admitted he used to stalk her. You call this a mistake ? I..." Aniruddha closed his eyes. What point was it trying to tell these people that a man trying to molest a woman was the man's fault. Talking to them was giving him headache. He placed his palm on his forehead. He needed to treat this like a case but at the same time it was about the person who was exclusively personal to him. His wife. He wanted to hammer a nail through their skulls for their thought process but right now he didn't have the patience of a gentleman his Bondita saw him to be. They raised their son wrong and it was not his job to correct it. Not this time. This time his job was to punish. The people who wronged his wife. And him.

" I..." Aniruddha rubbed his eyes with his hands a little lazily and then leaned on the table, elbows resting on its edge. " I am fed up of people like you. You and your son. Any other case, any other circumstances, I would have tried to correct you but not right now. You deserve to know what it feels like to be violated. "

" Barrister Babu, we are requesting you."

" What ?" Aniruddha looked at them with probably the same pity full eyes like their's. Only he was just mocking them. " To not expose your mistakes ? Why, these things happen. You are greedy, selfish humans and you can make such mistakes just like your son made the stupid, stupid mistake of laying his hands on my wife. I hope the court understands your point of you and dismisses these crimes just as you dismissed the crime of your son." He shut the file with a snap. He could see tears forming in the woman's eye but he felt no sympathy.

" What do you want ?" The man asked.

" For your son, Chandrachur, to confess to everything that he did. He is trying to fool people as if it was all a misunderstanding and that Bondita is a scared little, fool of a girl who mistook his mere presence as harassment. I need him to confess, on his own, to everything that he did. Everything."

" What do you mean by everything ?"

" He knows." Aniruddha leaned back in his chair. " He does what I ask or I slip this file to my white gentlemen friends. I assure you, I have many. Your son might get off this charge but he would just be changing cell for other crimes where all of you will be joining him."