37

Bondita fisted her saree in her palms, looked up at him...her doe eyes wide.

He knew...
Her Pati Babu knew...
How...?

" BONDITA...!"

Aniruddh's voice called her back from her stupor. He was slightly bent over the bed, eyes almost at level with her's as if trying to not miss a thing...not blinking...
He saw her shrinking away from him... pressing herself back in the pillows against the bed post.

" Pati Babu...!" She was not sure if he heard her. It was a nightmare she could not wake up from.

Her reaction told him everything...her lack of response...told him everything...

Aniruddh still waited... waited for her to deny it, still hunched over her bed.

Bondita saw the change in his eyes...fear turning to horror. Red eyes, sweat dripping from his forehead...he was fighting. Himself.

" Tell me it's not true...TELL ME !!!"

Bondita turned her face to the left, eyes squeezed shut, face further buried in pillow.

Aniruddh slowly stood straight, took a few steps back. She turned her face towards him sensing him move away. His foot lost control and he found himself about to fall save for her study table.

He was about to faint.

He has done it...?

He has ruined his Bondita...?

Her cornered figure paining him even more...her sight piercing his eyes.

The one thing he vowed to never do...
His whole life...his virtue... Ruined ?

Her honour...

Her honour...which he vowed to protect with his life...

He took it away...?

He took away her innocence...
Her childhood...
Her honour...

Her body...

He took his Bondita... against her will...?

Aniruddh's eyes found Bondita's...
Fear...

How she was scared the past days, how she distanced herself, how she had been suffering...
She is just a girl...so young...so new... She knew nothing of this, it had to be against her will...

It was against her will...

Bondita was shocked at the sudden throw of her horrors to her face...she had been unguarded. Her Pati Babu was not ok...and he didn't look ok... He looked as if he would fall any second, the table his only support.

She got down the bed and ran towards him to stop him from getting hurt but she saw him back away from her as if scared of her.

" Pati Babu..."

It was as if he was not listening.

" Pati Babu ?!... Pati Babu...!" She went further ahead and held his hand to steady him. " Pati Babu...!!!!!" No...he could not do this to her... He could not move away from her !

Aniruddh felt a jolt when she touched him...

Why...? Why was she touching him ? A filth like him ? Didn't she hate him ? His presence ?

Bondita tucked at him trying to budge him...to no avail. His resistance was hurting her, showing her fears had been right. She herself had not been feeling well. She pulled at him harder, with all force she could making her strain her core leading to a hiss escaping her lips due the cramps being forced back.