128

Uploading from someone else's device but at last I am able to upload. I had been writing all this time and thought it would be better to upload all at once. I did not get to edit it but will try to do so along the way if there is no problem on my device.

-----------------

It was a mess. Her mind was. She sat infront of the temple. In front of dugga Maa. Sampoorna with her little daughter in her arms sat beside her. Bondita was still to blink.

It was the day.

Today.

The court.

Hearing.

Case.

Everyone will come to know now. Every little detail that prevented her from even sleeping, will be discussed infront of everyone today. Infront of her family. Her Sasurji, Kaka Sasurji. Her Som Dada, Batuk, her brothers by heart. How will she ever lift her head up ?

" Bondita." Aniruddh called softly. " I am waiting in the motor car."

Sitting in the backseat, they both didn't look at each other. She had told him everything. She thought that was it. But yesterday night her Pati Babu explained how that would be used against them. How she would be questioned. Her character would, quite literally, be judged. She closed her eyes as everything sank in. Letting the air hit her face till they reached the dread full place.

Bondita had always seen the building from the outside. Setting her feet down on the ground infront of the court she realised she already hated the place. And she was to be barrister one day. Her head still down, she dare not look up at the haunting building her Pati Babu wanted her to win in one day. This is not how she wanted her first steps to her dream be like.

He didn't say anything. He walked infront of her and she was expected to follow. She did. The rest of the family would reach later. She wished they didn't come at all.

Reaching in the court room, she lightly raised her head. And then raised it full. Was it supposed to be like this ?

She looked at her Pati Babu who was talking to someone. It was a small room. Smaller than she imagined. She had heard it was large and that whole village sometimes went to hearings. Whole village meaning men. But this looked different than what her Pati Babu usually described.

She sensed her Pati Babu nearing her. " It will be a private hearing." He said keeping his briefcase down on the long table as his assistant lawyer took his seat. " I requested for it. Since it is a sensitive topic." He had yet to look into her eyes. Last night too, she remembered, he had hardly made an eye contact. Had not held her hand like he usually did when he knew she needed him. She did need him. More than ever. But as upset as it made her, she knew if he looked at her, she would hide herself. She just could not. She didn't feel the same. She didn't feel like a girl anymore. Not after knowing about a brothel. Not after experiencing what she went through. Had Chandrachur succeeded, what was to happen to her in the brothel would have happened to her at the hands of Chandrachur.

She knew what he was trying to do. But having gone through it was as traumatic as knowing the truth about brothels. It might seem out of place but she was not much worried about the case. She was, but she knew they were going to win. It was everything else. Everything that had changed.

The way she looked at her Pati Babu, had changed.

Everyone was seated. Everyone. Even Chandrachur. His hands in cuffs. Bondita had thought it would be difficult to look at him. But it was not. She did look at him. With disgust. Pure hatred. Venom in her eyes. She tried to concentrate on what was going on but eyes again and again flickered to where he was sitting. Her culprit. And he looked right back at her. With no shame.