113

Thank you so much for all the wishes and care...❤️❤️❤️❤️

Writing really slow and I don't know if this is good.

This is not even edited so might find more mistakes than I usually make.🥲

But thank you.

Will start next chapter tomorrow. Slowly.

*****************

Aniruddh stood clueless as Bondita angrily made her way to the mirror. He saw her yanking her earrings painfully. " Bondita careful !" No heed was paid as she threw the earrings on the dressing table and went for another. Then her bangles. " Bondita..."

" Go to sleep." Was her harsh response.

" Bondita..." She threw the last of the bangles making a clanking sound as she turned to him. He was not sure what to do or say as she moved towards him.

" They think they can take you away from me ?!!"

" No ! No...no one can. You..."

" They sure did come for it ! They...they think they can... Over my DEAD BODY !"

" Bondita !!" But he mellowed down as she looked up at him. " Bondita..." He cupped her cheek. " Don't say such things. Please..."

" But why ?" She held his shirt. " Why do they do this ? Always ? Always ? You... don't you get tired trying to do good for such people only to get hurt in the end by them ? Huh ? Tell me !!!!"

Aniruddh clutched her hand over her shirt. " Bondita...you are not thinking clearly."

" But I am !! I am!!! These people don't deserve it. Don't deserve you. Don't deserve the efforts you put. And...and I have to work for them. Them ? How many times have these people tried to hurt you and I am supposed to just... think of them ?!! I won't... I won't. I don't want to !"

" Shhhhh..." He wiped her angry tears.

" I can't take this anymore Pati Babu. I can't... support the people who said such things for you. That...that you used..."

Aniruddh clenched his eyes for a moment. He knew it must have hurt her. " It's...ok. They don't know what they said."

" They know ! If I understand the meaning of it then they too know. How..." She brought her hand to his cheek. " How could they...say such things for you. You...?" Her thumb caressed him making him bow his neck. He didn't know when she came this close, flush against him. " You...who has done nothing but...but restrict himself. Sacrifice after sacrifice. You...you would ever..." Her brows creased a little. " And you are going tomorrow..."

" Bondita..." She pushed him lightly and turned away. " Bondita..."

She went to the other side and removed the covers. Aniruddh watched as she covered herself with the sheets, still in her heavy saree. What was that ? He saw her hand switching off the lights of the lamps and he just stood there. Not knowing what to do. What just happened ?

" Will you go to sleep ?!" Her voice made him jump in the dark. Sleep here ? Or she meant he should go to his room ? Not knowing what she exactly wanted at this point, he stepped towards the door. A shuffling sound made him turn back to see her half sitting, face towards him but could not make out the expression in the dark. " Where are you going ?"

" You said sleep...so..."

" Oh so you want to go back to your room. You don't want to stay here ? Ok. Go !" Aniruddh saw her lay back down. What did she want ?!!!? Should he go now ? He didn't have to think much before he saw her get down of the bed and march towards him. He just stood there perplexed as she gave him one steel look and without warning brought down the slings of his suspenders.