117

It was sharp. The sound of the tight slap on Somnath's cheek by his Baba. Binoy could not believe this was happening again. His son standing on the door after promising to marry a girl out of just a scandal. He glared at Aniruddh standing beside his brother.

Aniruddh was sure the news would reach Roy Chowdhury haveli before they did but he really was praying for that to not happen. After his declaration of wish to marry Thakuma's daughter, she would have spared no time in telling his Kaka how his son was yet again responsible for another turmoil in her house.

" Kaka..." Aniruddh tried to talk to his Kaka as his Baba didn't look like he would listen.

" No !" Trilochan turned his neck away. " Why Kaka ? Why elders ? Is there any point left of our existence ?" He turned to the teenagers of his house. " You both and this Som, you don't listen to us anymore. Do whatever he says !" He pointed to Aniruddh. " Somnath, you think you can get married to just anyone ? "

" Kaka...you don't know how..." Somnath spoke up after recovering from the aftershock.

" WE KNOW EVERYTHING !!!" Binoy just exploded. " YOU THINK WE ARE FOOLS ??! YOU STUPID BOY !" He yanked Som by his arm. " You should have known to approach a girl like that ! How could you...HOW DARE YOU GO TO HER ROOM !!"

Bondita had been shocked to hear Kaka slam the telephone so hard that it fell off. " BINOY !!" Bondita could see it, Kaka Sasurji was not just angry. He was livid. Tensed. Scared. " BINOY !!!!!"

Binoy and Sampoorna came running with Shashwati in her arms. " Dada ! What happened ? What is wrong ?"

" Our upbringing of the children. That is what is wrong."

" Dada..."

" Somnath wrote a letter to Tapur." Bondita froze. Som Dada ? No... There had to be some misunderstanding. " A sort of love letter apparently."

" Love letter ? To...to Tapur ?" Binoy could not wrap his head around it.

" Atleast that is what Kalindi implied." Trilochan took the support of his stick. " Kalindi found the letter and punished Tapur. And our idiot son, under the guidance of his Dada, proposed marriage to her."

Binoy went white in the face. Marriage. Marriage of his second son. No. This could not happen again. His sons were supposed to marry for their happiness, not to save all the girls of the world. Love letter...did he love Tapur ? How... How could he fall in love so quick ? He was confused. He had to be. That fool. That idiot. " Where are they ?" Binoy seethed.

" On their way back from the rejection. Kalindi refused to let her daughter marry a Roy Chowdhury." That hurt the ego of both the elder men of Roy Chowdhury haveli. Someone refusing their son. That had never happened before.

Bondita was standing solely on the support of the pillar. Tapur was in this condition because of Som Dada ? And marriage ? Did he really want to marry her or was it just to save her like her Pati Babu saved her. Pati Babu... He was with Som Dada. Did he...did he support this ? The marriage ? What did her Pati Babu want ? What was happening ?! Little details of the events fell vaguely into her ears as her Sasurji and Kaka Sasurji discussed it more. He went into her room ?!! Oh Som Dada... How could you...?

" Baba..." Som stuttered. " I just went to...give the letter. I didn't..." He stopped as he felt a push from his Baba, his face showing disgust.

" When was it that we ever taught you to be so loose with your actions with a girl ?" Binoy was beyond disappointed. " We are zamindars. People already think we are of lecherous character. This was the only thing I didn't want my sons to do like other Zamindars. Treat a girl wrong and think it was ok. "