39

Thankyou @Seven_Stars_123 for the beautiful cover...!

******
Bondita woke up to the coziness of her bed. Blinking her eyes at sunrays from her window, she tried to concentrate on her surroundings. She was in her room. How...? She remembered she was in the study, crying and cleaning. She slept on the sofa there. How did she come here ?

Pati Babu...

Who else...? He must have carried her here. A flutter passed her heart. He didn't leave her. He had come back. Last night when he climbed up the stairs of the study she had felt like he was abandoning her...he had not spared even a glance her side. But...
She softly spread her hands over the sheets that covered her. He must have placed it over her. She didn't know if to be happy that he still came for her, held her or be sad that he was not facing her.

" I can't look into her eyes Kaka..." She remembered him say.

Wait...

She looked at her hands on the sheets again. How did she miss it the first time ? Maybe it was sleep or maybe she was way too lost in her Pati Babu. She had a few small dressing on her fingers. She could see the turmeric powder under the white bandages. She remembered she had cut herself a few times, nothing deep, while picking up books from under the glass shards last night.

It was her Pati Babu...

He sat close to her last night ? He wasn't disgusted by touching her ?

Her hurt fingers gave her hope. Bandages had never looked this beautiful.

Batuk had been contemplating visiting his Baudi. He heard what happened. He knew what happened between his Dada and Baudi by the context of the hushed conversation among the elders. All his friends were married. And he had collected ample knowledge on the topic. His Aniruddh Dada won't be too happy about it but what could Batuk do ? He was constantly surrounded by boys who had way more advanced marital lives than his Dada and Baudi. He never dwelled on it because it felt wrong to think of it regarding his brother and Baudi but the chaos yesterday had kept him awake.

Was it that disastrous to indulge in such things at as young an age as Bondita that his Dada was that devastated ? If it was, how all his friends appeared to be normal in their married lives. If they knew and experienced such things on daily basis that means their wives too were informed on this subject. Then why was his Baudi shielded from all this ? And she was too young according to Dada but what about he himself ? Batuk was sure his Dada was more than qualified by age to engage in a marital life then why was he making all of this so complicated ?

Batuk didn't himself want to marry this early like his friends. He had seen his Dada put in the efforts to be a good husband and Batuk was sure he was not nearly as ready as his Dada was. His friends lived effortless married lives but he knew they were half not good a husband or a human like his Dada.
But why all the restrictions of age and boundries when a large section of society seemed to be functioning properly without them.

And because everyone got married in their childhood itself, Batuk was sure that irrespective of their marital status, this generation of Roy Chowdhury including his Baudi, were the only virgins of their respective ages and gender in about ten surroundings villages.

Till now...

He felt for his Baudi. He knew what his Dada's words ment to her and something that her husband was so against had happened without their consent. Being in both his elder brothers' company, had proven to be a good influence on him. They had even given him a " no means no" talk one awkward afternoon in study. He had understood. And so he knew his Baudi was hurt and his Dada was upset. And all because of his Kaka.