134

Aniruddh and Bihari came back to the haveli within an hour of heading out. With Koyeli. She was not that hard to find. She wasn't expecting anyone to look for a lowly servant, in her words.

" There you are !!" It was the first thing they heard. It was Sampoorna. " Where have you been ?! We have been looking..." She slowed down as she saw her with a bundle in her hands. " What is going on ?"

" Koyeli, you go rest." Aniruddh said giving his motorcar keys to Bihari. " I will tell you everything, Sampoorna." He said quietly and they went into the study.

Aniruddh had talked to Bihari alone and then to Koyeli too. It was easy to tell she wanted to say yes. But was scared of her new beginning. He will have to take Sampoorna in confidence to make Koyeli understand the value of this step. That if it was the marriage she wanted, it was not wrong.

After discussing it with Sampoorna, he went to his Baba and Kaka as was requested by them. He wanted to rest. Take a break. Maybe talk to his wife who he had kissed for the first time.

He almost ran into Bondita as he was heading to his Kaka's room. " Bondita..."

" Pati Babu..."

" I will talk to you..."

" It is alright." She hurriedly said. " They are waiting for you..."

" Do you know why..." But she went away before he could complete his question.

He entered the room. Som was there too. It was not hard to think of the reason.

" Dada !" Som stood up.

" Sit. Down." Binoy said. " We need to talk Aniruddh."

" About... what...?" Aniruddh sat down, eyeing Som. " Did you do something ?"

" Yes he did." Binoy sounded disappointed.

" What happened ?"

" Well. We thought since our son is putting forward is wish to marry Tapur, we would take a chance and talk to Kalindi." Trilochan said. " Of course we wanted his opinion on this first so we went to his hostel to find he was not there."

" Where was he ?" Aniruddh asked impatiently. Everyone had a story to tell today. He could share his with no one. He just wanted to go to sleep.

" At the back of the hostel walls. "

" So what..."

" With Tapur."

Aniruddh folded his lips to prevent profanities leaving his mouth. " You idiot." Still escaped his mouth. " How is this possible ? I thought Thakuma had her under supervision."

" Apparently she had let her a little loose."

" How...how did she come all the way there ?!"

" Ask him !" Trilochan exclaimed with mock excitement. " He is the one who gave her instructions !"

" How ?!"

" Over the phone ! That is why we have the connection, Aniruddh, to let them be able to play meet and greets."

" Som ! How could you be so reckless ! Thakuma will kill you both !"

" Dada...I...I..."

" Shut. Your. Mouth." Binoy had his head in his hands. " Kalindi knows." Aniruddh sank on the sofa he was sitting on. This day was not ending. He was not sure he could make it. "Someone else saw them together. There was a very, very, displeasing call from Das haveli."

" What should we do now ?"

" Nothing." Binoy looked at Som as if he wanted to kill him. " Kalindi in coming here."