93

It was the last day of exams for Bondita and Batuk. The whole morning was chaotic.

" What was the answer to that Batuk ?!" Bondita yelled across the table with a mouth full of breakfast revising chapters all the while. " The fifth question we learnt yesterday ?!"

" That...that is .. oh ho .. I forgot Bondita !"

" What ?! Me too !"

" Hurry up open the book !"

" Yes ! Yes !" Bondita ran with the book to the other side and started learning it again with Batuk.

Aniruddh watching all this with no expressions what so ever. In reality he wanted to laugh at their misery but it would just disturb them.

" Are you two going to study all day or will actually go to give the exam ?" Aniruddh asked after finishing his plate.

" Just two minutes Pati Babu !"

" We should have started ten minutes ago."

" What ?" Both the students snapped. " Hurry up Boudi, let's go."

Aniruddh dropped the children at the school. " Dada...! A game of cricket today when I come home !"

" Cricket cricket. Concentrate on your paper for now !" Aniruddh yelled back as they went running in. " This boy...!"

He really worried about his little brother. Not of his future. It was settled. Batuk was from a rich family, he would do well. And Aniruddh would always be there to guide him. Still...Batuk needed a passion, a direction. He was not much able to look after Som since his life had never been calm since he came back from London but Som did well. He already was a steady boy to begin with. But Batuk was full of life. Never in one place for long. And naughty might be added too. He needed to be led carefully. He too was at a stage where heart roamed around a lot, like Bondita. Bondita had a target for that purpose... him. But Batuk didn't. And so he needed a little more attention in that field. More lessons, more sharing of doubts and feelings. So much.

His baby brother was growing up and as a rule was less matured than the girls of his age.
Why was everyone growing up this fast ?

He missed being surrounded by his little brothers and even little Bondita. They looked up at him like he was some Bhagwan. Fought for his attention, worked for his appreciation. But now all of them were growing and making their own views and worlds. Aniruddh was happy for them but he really did miss those little children.

" I wish to have a sister..." Was the thought that registered in his mind as he entered his office. And it repeated itself. " She won't leave me. She will always look up to me. Not like those brats." He mumered speaking of his brothers as he kept his things in the on the table. " Sister would be good..." He smiled to himself.

Trilochan was sitting in the varandah of the backyard of the haveli. Sipping tea and sighing. All mischief creators out of the house, loudspeaker of the house at work. Binoy at buisness trip, soon to return for the birth of his baby. " Ah..." He sighed again taking in a long and loud sip of tea.

" Bade Malik...!"

There he comes. Everyone can let him have peace but not him. Trilochan made a disgusted look but decided to ignore it.

" Bade Malik...!!!"

" Uufff hooo...!"

" Bade Malik...!" Bihari had come running and was standing beside him.

" Come and sit on my head, why don't you ?" Trilochan spoke irritated.

" Bade Malik please come with me !"