31

Aniruddh winced as the hot water prickled his skin. He had asked for hot water and a little salt to bathe thinking it would soothe his aching body. It was home remedy. He felt a painful itch at the nape of his neck. He went to the mirror and using the little mirror on sink held it at the back of his neck and looked at his it.

Were they...nail marks...?!
The hot water had zeroed on the small scratches his eyes were not able to see, blurred vision due to headache may have been the reasons.  The bath salts in the tub just doubled the search efficiency. There were a few on the nape and a few on the backs of his upper arm. Not deep or distinct but still there.

Why...?

Should he ask her ?
Ask her why her nails were imprinted on his skin. Ofcourse they were her's.

He went back to the tub, trying to get used to the prickling which stopped after few minutes. His body relaxed but mind didn't.

Bondita knew he would take time bathing. She hurriedly stuffed her belongings in the suitcase and removed the bedsheets replacing them with the new one with the help of her mother. Sumati then took the bedsheet to wash it herself not wanting anyone to know of her daughter's troubles and make an issue. She was going through enough...!

Aniruddh stepped out fully clothed, water dripping from his hair. She had told him she was going down stairs.

" You didn't go down stairs ?"

" I did. But maa asked me to change the sheets so I came back."

" Oh..."

" Hmmm..."

He moved to stand in front of the mirror drying his hair, looking at her reflection.

" Was I hurt last night Bondita ?"

Her head whipped up.

" I mean did I fall or get in a fight or something...?" He didn't know how to put the topic of her nails digging into him without it being awkward.
She might not think much of it as she didn't know how such marks were left on the body but it didn't make him feel less awkward. She had told him nothing of that sort happened but still...

" I don't understand Pati Babu..." She looked confused. It was a relief to him.

" I am scratched..."

" Huh...?"

" I...I have nail marks...on me. Do you... know why...?"

Bondita's hands went cold, sweat starting to make a way. Marks...? Like she had on her...?!!

She hadn't thought of that. She didn't even know he could have them too. She had his finger marks on her does that mean the marks on him were her's ? She wanted to cry...tell him everything, she really did but knew it was not the right time. He was standing right there. She could just run to him and he would open his arms for her, no questions asked, let her cry her heart out.

Now that she thought of it she realised how it had always been her throwing herself at him for hugs but never the other way round. Whenever he wanted a hug from her he would just stand there with his arms open. Waiting for her. Giving her the chance of a choice to take him or refuse him.

Her consent. Her comfort.

And last night had been... He had kissed her but even then he asked for her permission, asked her if she really wanted that. He was out of his mind but still...

And now he was marked with the same horror she was. How would she tell him, who never ever even forced an innocent hug on her, that he could not stop himself last night. That they were both ruined.