Chapter 1: Back in Japan

YOUR POV

"Y/N!!" I turn my head to see a short pink haired girl waving at me with two tall guys on her right; one slim figured with a slicked back hairstyle and one muscular with a blond crew cut. But even with different styles today, I can still clearly remember their faces no matter how many years have passed without me catching a glimpse of them.

They are my friends who just entered the cafe. As soon as I landed on the airport earlier, the first thing I did was call them quick. Luckily, Benkei still had his old phone number and I managed to come in touch with them. A smile grew wide in my lips as I wave back at the teenager whom I last saw as a little girl.

"SENJUUU!!" Standing up, I ran over to her and hugged her tight. "I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!" She returned my longing hug as I sway her from side to side.

"It's been so long!! We had a hard time recognizing you!"

It has been indeed so long. Too long, to be exact.

It's been seven years since the last day I saw them. For seven years I had lost communication to them. During college, I had to leave Japan to America for my father because I lost my mother in an incident. Though it was my own choice to go and live with him, I really didn't expect to almost leave everything here behind. No one mentioned that I'd be cuting connections with the people here including my friends.

It was a shock that it felt like they were holding me hostage in a cage in America but I believed in my friends. That they would still trust me even if I suddenly never see them again.

"Welcome back, Y/N." I recognized the tall guy with his slicked long black hair as Takeomi and my grin grew wider.

"TAKEOMI!!" I jumped up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck as he did the same to my waist with a chuckle escaping his lips. I pulled Senju in our hug and squished both of them in my arms. "MY FAVORITE SIBLINGS!!" I exclaimed excitedly pinching their cheeks.

My eyes then landed to the buff and strong looking man and grin widely at him as I soread my arms.

"Benkeeeii! C'mere gimme a hug!" He chuckled and accepted my hug while patting the back of my head.

"How was America?" He asked. I pulled back with a frown on my face while letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Tough." I answered and walked back to my table as they followed. "It's so tiring living there without you guys." It may sound exaggerating but it is the truth. I've been very distant with a lot of people there due to my status. Not to mention that I almost got homeschooled since I had a lot more things to attend to in our family's business as what my father desired for me.

As I sat down, I noticed someone missing and my eyes roamed the place.

How could I forget?

The person I wished to see.

One of the main reasons I came here for.

How could I forget the person I longed for?

"Where's Waka anyway?" I asked with a scoff. I'm pretty sure I heard him over the phone earlier with Benkei. Why isn't he here anyway?

I wonder how he looks like now.

"Looking for me already?" My head whipped and I turn to see a guy in a huge black shirt that matched his baggy pants. My eyes trailed from down to the person's head and realized the sides of his head were partially shaved and his hair dyed with purple and blond color alternately.

My eyes grew wide the moment I met his bored gaze. Yet his lips formed into a small teasing smile with a stick of lollipop in between his teeth.

"WAKAAAA!!" With the longing and missing feeling I felt for this guy, I ignored the loud beating of my heart and jumped straight towards him with arms open wide as I engulf him in a squeezing hug. "I missed you most!" I said without a second thought and grinned at him when he returned the interaction.

"Woahhh!! You look good!" I pulled back while eyeing him from head to toe once more taking in his new appearance. He looks totally different than the last time I saw him. He aged so fine that I don't think it made quite a change on how I see him. "You're making it hard for me to get a real boyfriend." I smirked and wiggled my brows at him as I wrap my arms around his.

"Ugh Y/N, your breasts." I felt my cheeks burn at his comment and realized my chest is straightly pressed up against his biceps but I quickly replaced it with an amused look before he could even catch a glimpse.

"Wow so bold. Still don't like me, eh?"

"You're a lot louder than Senju here." He pointed towards the light colored haired girl in front who pouted in an instant at his claim to which we laughed in unison.

"HEYY!!"

"Where are you staying, Y/N?" Takeomi asked. I felt my eyes glimmer in excitement and I quickly let go of Wakasa to start rummaging through the pocket of my bag. It didn't take awhile when I finally found what I'm searching for.

"It's in this street." I handed the paper to Takeomi with a grin on my face. I saw his brows raise slightly before commenting.

"Oh just near Wakasa's." After hearing this, Senju and Benkei went beside him to peek over what's written in the paper.

"Oh you're right. They might be neighbours, too." Senju added with a finger on her chin. Immediately getting the feeling that something's not right, Wakasa raised a brow and opened his palm in front.

"Let me see." Takeomi threw me a wink before handing it to him. I chuckled, knowing it was Takeomi who gave me such information.

As soon as Wakasa read what's on the paper, his eyes almost popped out and brows creased in an instant.

"What do you mean near mine??" He looked at me unbelievably before glaring at Takeomi. "This is exactly my address." He added, showing the paper to us where his address is written which includes even the number of his house.

"Bingo!" I grinned and skipped before wrapping an arm around his. "I'm staying with you!" His gaze hardened and his jaw clenched at my words.

"I live alone, Y/N." He said through gritted teeth. He seemed to be pissed but he doesn't look as scary as when he's serious so this isn't something for me to worry about.

"Precisely! And your house is big enough to let me in, right Takeomi?? Senju? Benkei??" The three only smirked before nodding their heads in agreement. I can feel the smug and stubborn look on my face as I look up to Wakasa who had a frown on his face.

"I'm a man, Y/N. Aren't you going to consider that?" He said. What? Is he indicating that he might do something? Or I might do something to him?

"What? I don't have plans on harassing a man." I puffed my cheeks.

"But you already are." He raised a brow at me and I gave him a defensive look.

"Am not."

"Already are."

"Am not."

When I denied, his accusing gaze then trailed down towards my hand that is still holding onto his arm. I realized what he meant as I'm too close to him. I sighed out loud.

"Come on! This is just a friendly hold! No feelings involved." I shook his arm like a kid whining.

He only stare at me before finally releasing a defeated sigh while facepalming himself and shaking his head. I can't help but smile, knowing he's agreed to my decision already. No matter how childish we get around him, he would still remain patient with us. Especially me when all I've been doing since high school was annoy the hell out of him.

"Accept it, Waka. You're bound to be with her." Senju teased and we all laughed when Waka groaned in dispute.

As the whole squad started to talk around the table, I felt like there's something else that's missing in our circle. Moreover, it felt empty for some reason that I don't see that cheerful dark haired sucker that I've come to adore so much.

I've given them enough time to be here already. Wasn't he supposed to arrive here earlier with them?

With a scoff, I turn to the others with my arms crossed.

"By the way, you guys... where's Shin?"

And with that question, every single one of them went silent.