Chapter 64: Accept

WAKASA'S POV

After hearing what he said, I can't help but feel mixed emotions. I feel angry and confused. It's like my mind doesn't want to accept the fact that I just learned now. I want to deny it but I couldn't do anything because it already happened.

Y/N's father.

Of all people, why does it have to be related to her?

The death of my mother....

Why..?

"You can use this reason to hate our family and I'll understand it. After all, I was the reason you lost your mother." I hated how he kept a blank look on his face as he told me the story... but a part of me can feel the sadness and regret in him. Why does it even have to be like this?

"Does Y/N... know of this?" I asked in hesitation. I'm curious if she knows about it. All the times she spent with me in mourning for my mother... was all of that out of guilt only? Did she know that it was because of her father, that's why she stayed by my side at those times?

Was all of it just because of your guilt and conscience, Y/N?

"No. She doesn't." I looked up at him at his answer. "If she did, it'll be a truth harder for her to swallow, knowing how she is." He added and I can't help but agree. He's got a point. Knowing Y/N, she might rather avoid me the whole time if she knew and felt guilty for it. That's just... how Y/N is. She'd rather suffer than hurt the people around her more. "She might never meet your eyes again." I clenched my fists. He's right. How could I question her sincere actions for me? Y/N would consider my feelings no matter what... because she's Y/N. The person who loved me too much.

There was a long silence as I try to gather and fix my thoughts.

I was getting lost in my trance when his deep baritone voice cut me off.

"It'll be harsh of me to ask this but..." I blinked quickly to snap myself out of my thoughts and focus. I can't lose control now. I waited for him to continue, curious as to what he's about to ask. "Can you accept it? Can you still say you want to see my daughter after what I just told you?" I stiffened at his question.

I didn't expect him to ask me that. Do I still want to see Y/N after what I just found out?

Will it be alright for us to still see each other even after knowing something that can shatter one's view of the other?

If I was her, what would I do?

"You lost your mother because of her father. Do you think you can face her without having doubts?" I gritted my teeth at his words. He's right. It's his fault. I blame him for my mother's death. If only she didn't meet this guy, my mother would still be alive by today. She would still be here. But Y/N... "Because if you can't, then it'll be better that I never allow you to visit her." My eyes snapped back to his in a sharp gaze. For some reason, hearing him tell me that there's a possibility that I never see Y/N again stirred something in me. It's pissing me off.  "I don't want her to suffer even more. My daughter has had enough."

I remained silent after he finished his sentence. Do I still want to see Y/N?

Of course, I do. This is what I wanted all along. But can I really accept her after all that? I know she has no fault but knowing this man is her father... I don't know what I'll feel if I came face to face with her. Will I be mad? Will I feel uncomfortable around her? Will it be alright for me to see her being innocent of what really happened?

Will I be able to endure the thoughts?

"Imaushi." I blinked again and realized I've been staring down, busy with the thoughts running in my head. His face is tense for some reason as he eyed me with a serious expression.  "Will you still accept the daughter of the one who caused your mother's death?"