Chapter 61: End Things

3RD PERSON'S POV

The old man's fists clenched as a frown started to form in his face.

He knew of Wakasa. He knew of him as Y/N told a lot of stories about him before. But he never thought that he'll do such thing to his innocent daughter.

"That bastard..." He cursed, thinking it was against Y/N's will. "What did he do to you?" He asked in a very serious tone and Y/N knew immediately that he's about to burst in anger by his wrong conclusion. So she quickly shook her head to tell him that he thought of the wrong thing.

"It was both our decision... I-I... I'm sorry. I didn't think it'll end up like this." She lowered her head and stared at her fiddling fingers with her arms wrapped in bandages.

Hearing her statement, he gritted his teeth. After what happened with her and Calix, he didn't expect that it'll happen so soon. Although it was a relief that it was now with the man she likes and not someone who only forced himself on her. He was still quick to see things in a much bigger picture. By seeing that she only knew of it today, he narrowed his eyes.

"I assume he doesn't know about this." The older L/N said as his daughter remained silent with only a slight nod of her head served as a response.

Y/N's mind is still messed up but one thing is for sure, and that is she's pregnant with Wakasa's baby. Is she happy? That she don't know. She feels more nervous however. Because she doesn't know how Wakasa will react to it. They didn't even make love with the intent to build a family. But despite her worries, she still wanted one thing.

Raising her head, she met her father's gaze and hesitantly spoke in a soft voice.

"Can I see him? I need to let him know. I—"

"No."

She didn't even get to finish her sentence when a hard 'no' coming from her father already replied to her request. She shut her lips and stared at him wide eye who apparently only returned her a blank look.

"If you're thinking of going back to Japan. No, I'm not letting you." He continued with a hardened and authorative tone. He saw how the emotion in Y/N's eyes shifted from a surprised to a hurt look.

"W-What do you mean?" Hearing it from her father, she knew it would be hard to convince him to give in to her request. But without even letting her explain further, it's only confusing her. She can tell that he doesn't want to let her get out of this place again.

And right then and there, Y/N instantly realized one thing.

She failed in running away.

"The situation's too dangerous, Y/N... especially now that you're pregnant. You can't even walk in the meantime." He answered and shifted his gaze somewhere else to not meet hers. He can see the look of hurting reflecting in her eyes and it breaks his heart to see her like this. With injured legs that couldn't bear to walk. She would be like this for months until she's allowed to be treated. To see his own daughter in this state, it only worsened the guilt feeling within him. His conscience couldn't take it anymore.

He has lost someone precious to him before for prioritising this kind of life that he has... he couldn't risk losing another one just because he's too dumb and naive to realize that he nor anyone related to him couldn't escape this hell unless it ends.

"Valencia's men has gone wild ever since the news of their leader being killed reached them." He paused. "They're on rampage and are after your head." He clenched his jaw while glaring into space out of anger for the people who tried to harm her.

It was already expected to happen but still, he hoped for something good. He only wanted to prove that he could protect her if she's with him which is why she approved of her leave. He tried things that would make her journey even harder so she would come and return back home—to him, her father. But instead, she chose to keep on running far and away from him...