Chapter 42: Crazy

3RD PERSON'S POV

The two walked across the streets of Tokyo. Sensing people stare at them especially men, Wakasa turned to look at his partner and noticed her only wearing her house shorts and a huge shirt that he snatched earlier out of hurry. He quickly removed his jacket and wrapped it around her as she was hugging herself. While he's on it, he also noticed how uneasy the girl looked.

"What is it?" He asked, pulling her closer to him by placing his arm on her back and to her shoulder.

"I think—I think someone's following us." She said, roaming her eyes around, feeling uncomfortable at the crowd that's passing by them. Sensing her worries, he only pulled her with him as they fastened their pace.

"Let's hurry."

Soon enough, they reached the train station where a lot of people are waiting. The two tried their best to blend in so they wouldn't be spotted easily. However, Y/N can't seem to stand still as she kept on shifting and turn from side to side, being wary of her surroundings.

All of a sudden, from the entrance of the subway, she spotted a few men craning their necks from the crowd as if looking for someone. She immediately started to panic, worried that there are a lot of people around them.

"Waka..." She subconsciously grabbed his hand to get his attention as she kept her head low. Wakasa can feel her being worried. At that moment, all he can see is how the girl turned into like a vulnerable puppy the moment she became aware of Calix's presence. And it only proved to him how much the girl has suffered in his hands.

"It's alright. The train will be here any minute now." Was all he said while squeezing her hand in his to reassure her.

And as if the Gods has answered their prayers, the train really did arrive. But the moment the door was open, the crowd had started to go out of hand as they all squeezed into the opening, forcing themselves in and pushing others out.

"Ah!" Unfortunately, Y/N's hand slipped from Wakasa's hold due to the crowd around them. "Waka!" She called out in an instant. The moment Waka turned around, the girl was already being pushed back by the people.

"Y/N!" He shouted, feeling his heart drop at the sight of her figure being pushed farther. "Out of the way!" He tried to push the people to the side so he could go to her but the crowd just keeps coming back as he was being pushed to the opposite direction to the girl. "Y/N!!" He shouted once again, extending his arm in hopes to reach her as she did the same while squeezing through the crowd.

Both of them felt relief wash over them when their hands managed to touch each other's. But as soon as he was about to pull her, something caught them by surprise.

Y/N's hand was harshly tugged out of his grip by her wrist as she winced in pain.

"Where do you think you're going??" There beside her, a tall and muscular blond male stood with a strict-looking face, eyeing the girl down. Wakasa's heart dropped when he saw the reaction of the girl when she saw him.

"Y/N!!" He shouted as he managed to survive through the crowd that was already inside the train. They were already being surrounded by multiple men who were by his house a moment ago and he can't help but worry when he has confirmed that the man standing in front of him is none other than Calix who stood out from them the most. They are all standing in front of the train's open door.

Y/N already had a hopeless look on her face. All she could think of is she's already caught. She knows she can't fight Calix on her own. It felt like a nightmare to see him again after a little while. Nothing much has changed. He's still the same old Calix without conscience.